Chapter 137: Your Blood

Start from the beginning

He shut the door — or more so slammed it shut, then rejoined her and stood behind her chair. "Easy?! That was a close one!" He gasped, baffled how she was perfectly calm by the fact that they could've gotten almost killed.

Cloud shook her head and poked her snout to press on a button, from there, straps strapping her to the chair — making sure she wasn't to bounce out, came undone and the puppy was free to leave the helicopter.

"To be fair, we did wear our seatbelts." Nix told Garmadon with a small pout. Seriously, there were chairs in the back with seatbelts. Didn't he think of them?

Apparently not, as that fact shocked Garmadon greatly. He turned to Cloud with a perplexed look of realization.

"S...Seatbelts...?"

He proceeded to face-palm, letting out a frustrated groan afterwards then followed the two of them out of the helicopter.

There weren't any changes to the island as they suspected. Aside from the fact that it looked deserted as hell, Cloud and Garmadon knew that Zephyr was expecting them back here eventually.

He didn't activate his special reinforcements nor showed any sign of change whatsoever. So, they better do this quickly while they're here.

The fact that Cloud somewhat crash-landed this helicopter, didn't help at all with being discreet. This could leave them with less time to look for clues and rescue Harumi.

"Where are we headed now?" Nix asked, ready to follow her if needed.

Cloud narrows her eyes and begins walking away, her paws in the sand, and her sense of direction leading her straight towards the main building.

"Over there."
~~~~~~~
Successfully managing to sneak inside of the building without the spellcasters' guards spotting them, Garmadon, Nix and Cloud had trouble finding the white haired girl's room as there were many floors in the building.

They eventually found it, having seen the green that snuck out of Lloyd's room, Garmadon remembered fondly that his boy's room was close to the girl's, from the many times he came in and out of the hallway to check on her.

"We're coming here because Harumi's diary is here, right?" Garmadon asked again, after Cloud had remembered back in the helicopter that Harumi's diary should be back in her room.

Having opened the door, Cloud peered inside, then seeing that it was safe, she stepped inside. She wandered in like no stranger, the sheets were changed but still kept its usual light jade colour. What interested Cloud more however, was the fact that her belongings were still in here.

That meant her diary was still here!

Garmadon, who kept an eye on the door, watched as she ran back and forth, knocking down items from shelves and searched under the bed. He gave an impatient sigh and began closing the door slightly, his eyes on high alert as he watched out for any guards.

"Ugh, make it quick. Why'd you have to make so much noise?" He asked, not exactly watching the dog continue to pull on the drapes and search the cabinets. If Cloud was anything, she wasn't stealthy, for sure.

"Trying, trying!" Cloud says, in response to his complaint. Eventually, the search came to an end when she found a tiny book on top of the desk inside of the room, Cloud mumbles out that she should have seen it sooner. She immediately knocked it down to the ground and gestured Garmadon to come closer.

Confused by a little, the man shut the door and picked the book up, inspecting it a little and concluded that it was in fact Harumi's diary. He then looked down at the tiny Cloud, who was prompting him to read it. He raised a brow and flipped the pages.