chapter fifteen.

the bell rang signaling everyone could leave. there were a few more presenters but george didn't have the patience to stay.

before george could walk out the door clay came up to him, "george, can we at least talk?" the brunette continued walking away, "please." as much as george wanted to totally just yell and scream, he could hear the raspiness in clays voice. the regret. the sadness. "lunch. only for a few minutes." clays face immediately lit up, "ill see you then, pretty boy." the last bit was a bit quieter than the rest but it was definitely loud enough for george to hear. he loved that nickname. no matter how mad he could be those two words could make a small spark.

but no. he's supposed to mad, heartbroken. a few words can't change his whole perspective. the next few classes were really boring. at one point george pulled out his phone to text the group chat.

sex havers:

george
im so bored. please

alex
dude! tell us what happened today with clay!! unless it was something really bad

karl
totally forgot about that

george
basically i was late to class, and he just stood there like nothing happened. but then i think he remembered or something and started apologizing and what not. so now he wants to talk to me at lunch.

karl
dude. that's gonna be really awkward

alex
good luck, but i got a cranky teacher so ill see you guys later.

george
yeah me too. but ill keep you guys updated

class were starting to feel shorter when george finally stopped day dreaming. and before he knew it bells were ringing left and right for new classes. but the class before lunch was ringing now. "have a good lunch! ill see you guys tomorrow!" the teacher signaled her goodbyes and everybody scurried out the doors. part of george was a little excited to see what clay had to say. don't get him wrong, he was still furious but a little curious at the same time.

it took a while to go into the cafeteria but george couldn't spot clay. the brunette was going to just sit at his seat but it was already taken. by the blonde.

"uhm, sorry i thought this would be the only place you were definitely going to be." the blonde got up from the seat and lead george somewhere, "can we go somewhere a little more private?" george nodded. S they needed up going into a empty classroom that was being renovated to a storage room. "so?" george asked.

"do you even want to talk to me?" clay put his hand in his hoodie sleeves, "actually yes. i wanted to see you." the blonde smirked, "really?" then george reached in his backpack, "not see you the way you think lover boy. just to give you something."

clay stood there confused. what could george be giving to him? if anything clay should be the one giving something to george. the brunette pulled out a small square piece of paper, it was the clay painting george painted a few weeks ago. "george, it beautiful but why are you giving me this?"

the brunette pulled his backpack right back over his shoulder, "i was going to give you it at the night of the party. because i was going to ask you out. but i guess it's better to give you now since you spoke the truth." the blonde was shocked, "w-wait.."

"its okay clay. im totally over it now! just forget about me, i was a waste of time anyway." clay couldn't believe it. the tears were filling his eyes but he denied them to come out, "george i can't just forget about you." george was a little shocked from his answer, "why not? you did a few nights ago. why?"

"because i just c-cant just leave you!~" george kept pushing it, "why not hm?" at this point they were both raising their voices, "i just can't!", george still responded with "tell me why not! go ahead tell me!!"

"GODDAMMIT BECAUSE IM IN LOVE WITH YOU GEORGE!"

the room went silent. both shocked from what clay had just said. the seconds felt like minutes in that moment of time. "r-really?"