chapter fourteen.

george got woken up from his daily alarm for school. he could never get used to waking up in the morning. for a second he had to adjust to where he is. it took him a few minutes to actually get up, but eventually he got out of bed to start his morning routine.

he decided to just skip showering. george knows it may have been a gross decision but he didnt have the dedication. as a matter of fact, the brunette didn't have motivation to do a lot at that very moment. he went on wearing sweats and a sweatshirt. very fashionable.

the brunette powered up his car with exactly twenty minutes left until school starts. turning on his playlist, he went. it was foggy and very humid outside due to last nights rain, but it was fairly calming to george. and we all know he needs that.

the brunette taps to the beat of the music as he pulls up to school. if it weren't for the heartbreaking love poem he had to present today, george would be excited for school. to see his best friends of course.

george parked and entered the hell hole and was presented with karl and alex waiting right there at the entrance for him. "hey georgie!" karl gave him a hug. "hello." there was a light smile on georges face, and he really needed that. "like my outfit?" george said sarcastically. he looked like a hobo dressing like this in humid weather. "you still look sexy even after a heartbreak." alex responded. "im gonna go to the bathroom, ill see you at lunch maybe?" the two nodded.

george entered the school bathroom. in all honesty george really wasn't ready to be socially active again. for him to fully cope would probably take a nice hundred years. the brunette didn't have to use the bathroom, he just wanted to see what he looked like. and he looked like shit. there were bags under his eyes and his hair was all messed up.

many thoughts roamed his mind while looking at his reflection. what if alex and karl are sick of me? what if they're pretending to care like everyone else? does clay still remember? you're useless.... i would never date george....

the scenario ran through his head. but the bell cut off his thoughts. george looked back up to the mirror and noticed there were tears already staining his cheeks pink. he whispered "shit shit shit." george quickly got a paper towel with water to wipe his face. and with his rat nest hair, he just put his hood up. god he looked like a maniac.

george rushed to creative writing. his teacher was pretty calm for the most part with tardies, but george has never been late. as the brunette got closer to the room he could hear his teachers voice. "the projects were all due today! so please turn them in-" the brunette cut off his words as he entered the room slowly.

all eyes went on him which was really uncomfortable to him. "george you're late." yeah no shit sherlock. "i know. and im sorry." the teacher knew something was wrong. the teacher noticed his puffy eyes, "it's alright george, just make sure you keep track of time next time."

the brunette made his way to his designated seat. and there he was. clay was sitting there giving a light smirk as if nothing happend! "welcome back georgie." as george sat down he gave clay an expression which showed a mix disgust, confused, and angry all at the same time. "what was that look for?" the brunette genuinely thought this man was on something. how could he just forget? "what a dick." george whispered to himself but little did he know it was still loud enough for clay to hear.

the blonde didn't fight back though, he just went to a deep state of thought.

CLAYS POV:

why the hell was he being a bitch to me? i invited him to the best party he would ever attend and this is how he treats me? did i do something wrong.... george wouldn't just ghost someone. it had to have been my fault, i was drunk after all. but what did i do?

the memories from the party flood clays head. from the moment he walked in to the moment he was standing infront of george. wait. he stood infront of george? how could have he not remembered that.

small pieces of the memory come into vision. "listen up! george means nothing to me!..... he's such a *hiccup* dork! i mean cmon have you seen him?" the blonde didn't even want to remember the rest. WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING?!

clay look back over to george and realized he looked like a mess. still cute somehow, but a mess. and the fact knowing that he caused all that made him sick to the stomach.

back to george's POV:

i tried to limit any eye contact with clay the whole class until it came up to the point of presenting. "alright! up next is clay and george!" the brunette rolled his eyes on the inside. what a shit time. they both lined up in the front of the class but before anything happened clay got closer to him whispering in his ear, "george im really sorry. i-" the brunette quickly stopped him, "only took you the whole fucking weekend. just get this over with." the blonde got back into place.

"ready when you are boys." the teacher reminded him. george started off first, it was originally part of the plan. "the meaning of love. love is to share life together, to build special plans just for the two, to work side by side, and then smile with pride, as by one by one, dreams all come true." the words flowed out slowly but understand to understand.

then the blonde went, "to love is encourage, with smiles and sincere words of praise." the two kept going back and forth reading the poem. there was definitely some awkward tension, but they didn't let it interfere with their project. before you know it, they finished.

but all the anger rose up in george at that very moment. he's really apologizing after this long? does he even care? george didn't know what lead him to do it but he read the last stanza. clay and him both agreed not to read it because it was too fought. but it felt right.

"I lie awake tonight, Wishing of things I can change. I try to convince myself, But it's all so strange. Is it me, Or is it you? Do I try, Or are we through? So long we've shared Just to walk away. But so much hurt To want to stay. Why do we do this, Try to hurt the other more, Only to watch one Walk right out the door?" george was surprised from his own self he read it out loud. and clay was staring at him already when he looked over. "and thats it."

"wow! amazing nice job you two!" george didn't say anything. he just sat back down waiting for the period to end.