description and authors note

"Come live with me in the Underworld, my darling." He pleaded in a way a king never should. 

"Am I to become your mistress?" she asked him. She had always lived in her mother's shadow, and if she followed Hades, she would once again be living in another's shadow. Even though she loved him, she did not think she could stomach it. 

"I do not want you to be my mistress, Persephone. I want you to be my Queen," he confessed to her. She snapped her head up to meet his eyes, searching for any sign he wanted to take his words back, but there was no remorse. And just like that, she fell ever so slightly more in love with him. 

"Your Queen?" she asked; the word had slid off her tongue gracefully as if it had belonged there. 

"Yes, marry me and become my Queen," he told her once again, taking a step closer to her. "Rule beside me as the Goddess of Spring and Queen of the Underworld." 

"You... you want to marry me?" The words don't seem to make sense in her mind. 

"Persephone, how do you not already know this? I've loved you unconditionally ever since you stumbled into the Underworld. I would have stolen you away long ago if I thought you'd be happy in the Underworld with me. But I can't wait any longer now that I know I might never see you again." Ever so slowly and ever so gracefully, he kissed her again. It nearly brought tears to her eyes. "I've called you my queen countless times, but now I'm asking you. Well, you become my queen. Will you marry me? Say the words, and I'm yours." 

She suddenly understood what it was to be spring - to bloom under care. 

---

Description: 

This is the real myth of Persephone and Hades, not the myth that has been twisted over time. She was never kidnapped but instead found power and love in the Underworld. Read and find out what the fates have in store for the King and Queen of the Underworld. 

Persephone is the Goddess of Spring, and she has a secret. It is a secret she can never let anyone know, not even her attentive mother. The untold truth is that she is deeply and madly in love with Hades, the God of the Underworld. Although it is an unlikely pairing, prone to wither and die after the attraction begins to dim, the two gods have continued their secret meetings for generations. Being afraid of her mother's wrath, the lovers hid their love from any watchful eyes for centuries.

But everything changed for Persephone and Hades the night of the summer solstice. While hidden in the Olympian gardens, the couple was thrust into turmoil as the plans they had made lay in ashes. That night at the Olympian party the one thing Persephone had been praying wouldn't happen finally did, her mother found them.

Ever since that night in the gardens, both their fates began to change irreversibly.

---

Authors note: 

Hello and welcome to the adventure! *waves enthusiastically* 

I've always loved Greek mythology, and most of all, I have loved Persephone, mostly because she is a badass (as you will soon see). I've always thought that the most interesting part about myths is that they can differ depending on when it was told or where, after all, myths are only rumors and stories. 

So the basis of DIVINE is built on this idea. That the gods are real, and this is the truth behind the myth. Read on to see how Persephone and Hades really met and fell in love, and watch as her mother tries to twist the story to fit her agenda. There will be drama, tears, sarcastic jabs, and most importantly, a dash of spice. 

I will be posting a chapter every week on Sunday, so set your calendars! If you are enjoying the book so far, please consider voting, every vote counts and means so much to me. Or you can leave some feedback for me. 

I will also be adding my favorite quotes to the end of each of the chapters because there were some parts that just make me smile, and it feels like it is only right to let them have the spotlight one last time. So please let me know what you think, or if you had a different favorite quote or part I would love to hear.

Happy reading!