I'm Sorry (You Really Aren't)

Start from the beginning

Tommy practically lights up, his eyes shining. "Oh, yeah!" He exclaims, racing to get ready for school.

5up chuckles. "That's my son."

-

"Tommy, I have a surprise for you, but you have to behave, okay?" Fundy is on his knees, pleading with the 8 year old to listen to him.

"I don't want to go see George and Dream get married! It's boring!" Tommy whines.

"I get that honey, I do, but Ranboo and Tubbo and Drista and Lani and Purpled will be there! Plus, there's going to be cake and ice cream, and yummy food. And, I have a surprise, but it will happen after the wedding ceremony, okay?"

"You promise?" He asks, sticking out his pinky finger.

Fundy nods with a smile, hooking Tommy's pinky with his. "Pinky promise, now let's get going."

"Tommy, the ceremony is now officially over. Would you like to to know what your surprise is now?" Fundy asks, picking up his 8 year old uncle and holding him on his hip.

Tommy nods eagerly, shaking in excitement.

"Well, later today, Wil, Phil, and Techno are going to be home for a day or 2. They can't stay longer though." Fundy explains.

Tommy brightens, before turning sad. "They said they'd come fully when we called a few months ago." He pouts, crossing his arms.

Fundy's heart breaks as he watches his uncle (who is practically his son at this point) keep his emotions together and inside better than a whole ass adult. Feelings and emotions he shouldn't even have at his age, mind you.

"I know buddy. And I know its not much, but me and Five will never leave you." Fundy replies with a small smile.

Tommy sticks out his pinky and Fundy takes it without a second thought. They hold pinkies for a few seconds, before Tommy wriggles free. He rushes over to 5up, a smile on his face as he asks the other person who raised him to pick him up.

5up does so without question, pausing his conversation with the Feral Boys to look at the 8 year old. "What's up, Big Man?" He asks, raising one of his eyebrows.

He sticks out his pinky. "Promise you'll never leave me, 'Ups? Fundy already said you wouldn't, but I ne

ed you to promise." He asks, genuine and hopeful.

The adults' hearts break at his words. 5up doesn't hesitate to take the 8 year old's pinky in his.

"I promise bud, we aren't going anywhere. And neither are anyone else in our small family, alright?"

He nods eagerly, and 5up grins, setting down the child. "Now, go bother your grandfathers. And bring the others. The 3 of them could use some time with you children."

Tommy runs off once again, and Fundy goes over to hug his shorter (but older) fiance, Bad and Skeppy coming over to converge with them as well. 5up doesn't hesitate to hug back his fiance, and the group of adults watch Tommy run around with his friends and grandfathers in silence.

"I cannot stand your family, Funds." Dream speaks up after a moment, watching as Tommy chases his younger cousins and sister (Tubbo and Lani are his cousins, while Drista is his little sister).

"Neither can I, Dream. I would punch them if it wouldn't mean they would take Tommy and give him to someone he doesn't know." Fundy replies.

"Can't believe they're coming back to town and not even staying for a week. Like, spend time with your fucking kid, Phil, and Techno and Wilbur, spend time with your brother!" 5up mutters angrily, and everyone besides him and Fundy freeze.