Chapter 15 ✓

Y / N  P O V

My eyes widened when I saw Madelyn fall with a gunshot wound to her head. "Omg" is all I can say. Tom turned to me.

"Are you okay?" He said. "Are you badly hurt?"

"Yeah i'm fine, just a little headache." I said with my eyes still to Madelyn. I can't believe she did this. That she did all of this. Tom gives me a big hug out of nowhere. I close my eyes to progress what just happened.

"Is Lyla okay?" I asked.

"Yes, she's fine. I met her at the entrance. " He said softly in my ear. "She's safe."

A FEW WEEKS LATER
It has been busy these weeks. I've talked a lot with agents and more people. Tom and I don't see each other very much. Only in the evenings and mornings. He sleeps at my apartment. He's just as busy as I am. Sometimes we're together for a day and we have a good time. He makes me laugh, and not many people have been able to do that to me. Whenever i'm around him I feel escaped from this crazy world I live in and I feel, I feel happy.

I have also heard less good news. It turns out that a year ago the law has changed. You can't let an FBI agent train a person anymore. You have to go to a school / training. If you're in that training, you can't have any contact with your family of friends. That means Tom has to go. But it is not easy to pass this type of training. I've been doing it for a few months too years ago and it was hell. I tried to talk him out and that he should continue what he was doing. But he wanted to do this. He found the past few weeks intense, but interesting and he enjoyed doing something for the population.

"Got everything?" I said when he parked his bags in the hall.

"Yeah, I think so."

"I still can't talk you out of it?" I smile.

"I'll be fine. It's just a few months an I'll be back before you know it. "

"You know you're not sure. It can also take more than a year. " I said.

"I know. I will do my best to come back as soon as possible." he said.

I gave him a hug and put my head in his neck.

I pull of the hug, "Good luck Tom. You've got this. " I smile when I stare into his eyes.

"You too." He gives me a heartwarming smile as he packs his bags and opens the front door.

He turns his head one more time and then closes the door behind him. And that's it. He's gone. I keep staring at the door. I swallow the pain that touches my heart. I've never felt this before. Never before have I felt a strange pain in my heart. I heard it started to rain. The drops of water fell on the window. It's now or never, I thought. I open the door and ran outside. I look to the right and left and see Tom walking in the distance.

"Tom" I said.

I run to him: "Tom!!" I said. He stops walking and turns around. "Wait!"

The hard rain felt on my face and within seconds I am floating wet. I run to him until I face him. He drops his bags when I try to control my breath.

"I'm sorry, I uh. I need to tell you something." I said still out of breath from running fast. I look at his hair that is perfectly curled from the hard rain. "I- uh, I, I...... I think I'm in love with you."

I look at his eyes and he looks into mine.

"I have this weird feeling in my belly. I've never felt this way before. " He just looks at me. "When I'm around you I feel like my stomach is turning upside down. When I am with you, I feel like I'm home."

Tom doesn't say anything. He's just looking at me. Water droplets fall along its jawline. This man is so fucking hot. I don't deserve him.

"I don't-I don't want too make this weird. I'm sorry, i'm so sorry. I shouldn't have come here. I'm such a failure." I turn around to go but he takes my hand and pulls me closer to him. I look at him for a few seconds and does he.

"I feel the same way." That's all he says.

I sigh softly with relief, which is accompanied by a smile. Then I kiss him. It was passionate, heartfelt and nice. I rest my arms on his as he puts his hands on my waist. I pull of the kiss with a smile. We stare into each other's eyes. Cold droplets fall from his eyelashes to his cheeks.

"You should go before you are late for your plane." I began. He nods, but something is wrong. He looks to the ground.

"Are those tears or drops from rain" I giggled.

He looks at me again and pulls me into a hug. He puts his head on my shoulder. I stroke with my hand carefully through his hair.

"I'm just gonna miss you, that's all. "He said soft. "Thank you for coming back and for giving me a chance."

"You're welcome. I don't regret it." I pull of the hug an see Tom smiling. He picks up his bags from the ground and looks at me one last time.

"Take care of yourself." He said when he took a few steps back and then turned and walked on. It was heartbreaking to see him walk away. This was the first time I shared my feelings with anyone on the planet.

And then he was gone.

And I didn't know for how long.

A hour later:
I walk into my room after taking a shower and putting on comfortable clothes. My eye catches something on my bed. I walked over to it. It was a letter. I pick it up and sit on the edge of my bed. I open it.