Chapter 7 ✓

"There ya go" said Tom when he gave me a glass of water.

It's morning and we are sitting at the table. We eat a salad. It's been 2 weeks since I started training Tom to be an FBI agent. And I taught him a lot. As in the easy way: dealing with weapons, hackers, murderers and their types, drugs, security and care, medical assistance, technologies and much more. Also physical training such as running 5 miles, boxing, self defense etcetera. I have to admit, he is doing well. His body is getting stronger. He thinks it is tough and he has certainly underestimated how much impact this has on your life. But above that, he continues to push through. And that's what makes him so special.

"Thank you" I take a sip of the water and put the glass down on the table.

Tom sits down again and takes a bite of his salad.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I said after a few minutes of silence. Tom looks up. "I mean, I often whine about what you are doing wrong and. I treat you like trash."

"Well, first of all. You have to be tough with me because I can be a lazy person. Second, I was treated like trash by my mom so you're doing nothing wrong because I was born as an idiot. "

I chuckle.

"I'm being serious right now. I'm like the highest rank of all idiots on earth." He said joking to me.

A smile appears on my lips. I glance at my salad again and take a bite. Tom looks at me.

"You should enjoy life more....That smile looks good on you." He said when he gets up. "Anyway, I'm going to eat that pizza from yesterday. I have nothing with this healthy food that you give me all the time."

I look at him when he walks tot he kitchen. Enjoying life. That's sounds impossible to me. I have no friends or someone that I care about and my job is working for the FBI. When can you call someone your friend? Is it someone that you talk too, or hang out with. I don't know.

My thoughts were disturbed by a phone that rang.

"I've got it." I said when I went to the phone.

I pressed the green button and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I said

"Thank god y/n! I want you to do something for me. "

"What? Something wrong? " I said. Tom walks over to me and I put the phone on loudspeaker so that Tom could also listen.

"There is a man in a black Volvo driving crazy on the road. He has already caused many accidents and is now coming your way. Our cars that followed him have been disabled because he has weapons. Now we want you and Tom to take him out. If we are going to do this, it will take to long to drive to there. You have to get him." Tom and I look at each other with concern.

"All right, forward everything to the system here." I said as I hurriedly walk to the cupboard in the wall. I enter the code and the part of the wall moves and a whole computer system comes out.

"You didn't tell me this was in here" Tom said.

"Believe me there is more, you will find out some time." I give him a wink.

I walk to the computers mounted on the wall and slowly see that information is being spread. I connect the phone to one of the computers so we can see Madelyn with the other agents.

"How long has this been going on?" Tom said.

"30 minutes" said Madelyn

"He's going east, he's going east from *name of a street*." Said an agent.