Chapter 14 ✓

T O M  P O V

As I stood there holding a gun, pointed at the serial killer, something seemed of. I can't describe it. A flashback came back when y/n taught me how to hold a gun. Since then I have changed so much. I pull the trigger and a loud bang went through my ears. But I thought it would only be 1. Wrong. A millisecond after I fired, I heard another one.

"Always shoot in the leg, so the suspect cannot flee and you have the chance that he is still aware."

I see the man fall to the floor. Shot in the leg. But I see someone else fall. Y/n. She falls backwards on her head.

Y/n got shot near the heart.

I ran to the man first. "First the suspect, then the victim. You don't want him to flee. " She said to me.

I grab handcuffs from my pocket and tie his hands. I turn around and see y/n on the floor. I run to her and lower myself to the ground.

"Y/n? Can you hear me." I said in a trembling voice.

I don't want her to die. I search for a wound. But it is not there. Y/n opens her eyes.

"Y/n? He-ey, it's okay. "

She's a little confused, what I can tell from her eyes.

"Stalker?" She said weak with a smile on her face.

"Yep, that's me. The only one." I'm looking carefully on her waist for a wound but can't find anything yet.

"Have you ever heard of a bulletproof vest?" She said softly.

I bring my eyes to her. I unzip her coat and see a bulletproof vest indeed. My eye picks up a bullet, safe in the vest, and not in her loving heart. I sigh with relief.

"Are you crying?" She said softly.

"What no, it's just hay fever." I chuckle.

A smile appears on her lips.

"Can you try to sit?" I asked.

She takes my hand and sits up straight. I put my hand on her back for support.

"My head hurts." She said when she put her hand on her forehead.

I look at the back of her head and see a wound. A drop of blood falls on the dusty concrete floor. I quickly take a cloth from my pocket and put it on the back of her head. I look behind me and see Madelyn approaching.

"Can you hold this for a moment? I still have to arrange something." I asked.

Y/n nods. I get up and get my gun and point it at Madleyn.

"Stay where you are Madleyn. Don't come anny closer. " I said in an urgent voice.

Madelyn is shocked and surprised, what I don't get "Jesus Tom I'm on you side!" She said when she stopped. "Put that fucking gun down!" She said.

"Nope, you're going to confess to me first. Don't worry, I'm not gonna kill you. That's not who I am. "

"Put that gun down, that's an order. I'm not the villain here!" She said irritably.

"Where shall we start? A few years ago a young girl came into your life who had just graduated. She told you she wanted to be an FBI agent. You sent her to a house with a young man named Andrew. He seemed nice, but after a terrible experience in the house, you fired him. Y/n has suffered a trauma because of what happened. Over the next year, she has been trained as an FBI agent and has solved many cases. For example, that y/n has caused someone to end up in prison for life for a bomb attack that caused dozens of deaths. I did some research and found out that it was your son. " I said.

I look at Madelyn who is frozen and looks at me with an angry look. I hear y/n getting up.

"It was your son?" She said in a surprised voice. "You never told me ..."

"There is so much you don't know." Madleyn snapped.

"You are and were angry. You wanted revenge. You got pills and gave them to y/n. But they are not normal pills. I spoke to the doctor and he says it kills if you take too much. At that moment I bumped into y/n at a party that ended up being a strange meeting. A perfect opportunity to deploy me. You had an excuse that you were going to send y/n back to the house. The home of the traumatic experience for her. You knew she would find it difficult. Suddenly there was a case. Which I don't think often happens. You put y/n in charge. You put more pressure on her. It led to what you've wanted. Y/n got an overdose. Fortunately I was there. She wouldn't have survived any other way. Plan failed."

"So?" She said.

"Oh we're not done yet. I think, I mean...I am almost certain that you have something to do with this case. Who else will leave a trail to themselves? You sent a girl out on the street and you knew we were going to run into her. Y/n cracked the case and she came to this location. The man was not here to kill the girl. No. You lured her here to eventually have her killed by the man."

Madelyn remains silent. Other police officers came into the parking garage and pointed their guns at Madelyn. Madelyn turns around a few times to see that she is surrounded by police officers.

"Guys this is total rubbish! Put your gun down! EVERYONE THIS IS A COMMAND! "

"I showed them the camera images of you and the man. You were talking at the building around the corner. Oh, you thought you deleted it? You have not looked in the trash can. "

"You fucking bastard." She said in an angry voice.

"Madelyn you're under arrest for ordering the murders of 17 girls. Hands up."

"Madelyn what did you do all of this?" Y/n said when she took a few steps forward. Madelyn then takes her gun from her pocket. I stop y/n from walking when I put one arm in front of her. I keep my gun pointed at Madleyn.

"I did all of this because you ruined my son his life. I'm never get to see him again! His whole in a prison for something he hasn't done!"

"There was proof madelyn." Y/n said shaking voice. On I've never heard.

"Stop fucking talking!" She's points her gun at y/n. I move y/n behind me. Madelyn moves her gun to her head.

"Madelyn..." I said.

"God you have no idea how much I hate you guys!" She smiles.

"Madelyn put the gun down..." I said carefully.

Madelyn said: "See you guys in hell."

After a hade BANG, she fell to the ground.