Chapter 12 ✓

I woke up on the couch. It's 6 AM. The sun is rising. I walk to y/n's room and open the door carefully. I see an empty bed and she is not in her room. I know where she is. I walk to the garden and see her sitting on a bench. We have a super nice view of the city here. It's even prettier with sunrise. I sit next to y/n on the bench. It stays quiet for a while. We just watch out for ourselves.

"Thank you" she began.

"For what?" I asked.

"For taking care of me." She said in a sweet voice.

There was a little silence. "I'm sorry that I kissed you. I should've done that. "

"You found out?" She said.

I nod "yeah" I look at my hands.

"It's okay, you didn't know. And I was stressed, tired and that makes the flashbacks worse." She looks at me. And I look at her.

"What happened?" I asked.

Y/n looked at the sun. "I don't know. The last thing I remember was the orange jar of pills. I've taken too much. " She said.

"Do you know the medicine are deadly?" I said.

"Any medicine is deadly if you take too much."

"Where did you get these pils from?"

"From Madleyn. She realized that I was getting stressed. It was a few months before I met you. She said: 'take these they will make yourself better.' And it did. I felt freer and better after a long time." Y/n said.

"I want you to stop taking those pills." Her eyes met mine when I said that.

"Why?"

"Why? Because they almost killed you! .....Just .... promise me, okay?"

I saw that she has doubts.

"Okay ..... I promise." She said.

"Thank you." I said with relief.

Y / N  P O V

I was walking the streets of New York when Tom asks stupid questions again. At one point he is professional and at other times it seems like a toddler standing next to me.

"Where are we actually going?" Tom said.

"I already said this a hundred times. We're going to someone who can fix something because we can't get in touch with the office."

"Oh"

We walk through all the people because it is very busy on the street.

"What's up with that little girl over there?" Tom points his finger at a girl on the street. She is about 6 years old and has a backpack with princesses on it on her back.

"I don't know." I said and we walk towards her.

"Hello girl" I crouch to her height. "What are you doing her all alone on the streets?"

"I am going to school." She said in a very cute voice.

I smile "To school? Oh, do you like school? " I said and then the girl nods.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Lyla" she said.

"That's a pretty name. Lyla where are your parents?"

She shrugs.

"Are they at home?" Lyla says nothing again. I take a look at Tom who also finds it strange. "Who do you live with?"