Chaper 9 ✓

"Time of dead, around 1 PM on Sunday," said a man who works at the research center.

They examine the body from head to toe for clues. We were in a room with devices and items. Honestly, it looked creepy. The girl lay on a table with a blanket on her. The man was on the other side and Tom and I were on the opposite side.

"So the suspect held her undercover between 10 AM and 1 PM." I noted.

"And the body was there until Monday morning when we found it." Tom said after it. "Any DNA trace?" He asked.

The man shakes his head: "no. In fact, we found bleach all over the body, which left all traces to the man away. "

I nod and take a look at the silhouette of the girl.

"As you guessed, she was cut along the neck with a knife of 6 inches and died of bloodloss."

"Okay, thank you" said Tom as he catches a glimpse of the girl before following me towards the door.

But before we could take a step outside the room, the man said this: "wait, I have something else".

I look around in surprise and walk back to the table.

"We found something special on the girl's left arm. Something strange. It is applied with ink. Ink that if you touch that with your skin, it won't go away. That is why it is forbidden here. It looks like a code, but we don't know what it means. Maybe you can do something with it." The man said to us.

A code? Why a code? The man removes a piece of cloth so we can see what he was talking about. We saw a series with number. Written on her arm.

40.7334973, -73.9976615

It is indeed a code. But why?

"Are you sure this isn't a tattoo?" Tom asked

"100% sure" the man replied.

I pick up my phone and type in all the numbers and commas to hopefully know what this means.

T O M  P O V

"It's still weird." I said when I take a bite of my food. "Why would he do that? Does he have a motto?"

Y/n comes across me with a salad. "You really have to stop asking so many questions. You've been doing this all day now and it drives me crazy" and she takes a bite.

She picks up her phone and scrolls through her instagram. I play with my food while staring at her. She is a smart girl. Nice and sweet AF. But also strictly. She's really cool.

"Stop looking at my boobs," she said, still looking at her phone.

"I didn't-" I said

"Yes. You. Did. " She said when she looked me in the eye urgently.

"No"

"Yes Tom. I know you longer that today. "

"So?"

"So .."

"I didn't look this time" I said joking.

"So you did it the other time!" She said.

"No, that's not what I said!"

"Yes stalker, you said that. Right in front of my face."

Before I got to say anything, the phone rang. It was Madelyn. Y/n picked up the phone and put it to her ear.

"Sup" she said into the phone. "Yes"... "aha" her face turned a little more seriously. And then she ended the call.

Then she said this: "They found another body"

"Wait, what? Where?"

Y / N  P O V

"Just about the middle of town, com on. We have to go." I hastily said.

"So you're going to tell me we have to go now?" He said confused.

"Yeah, what else were you thinking"

He laughs in a astonish way and then says this: "y/n, it's 8 PM. If we go there, we will stay there for hours or the whole night. "

"Tom, the job doesn't stop, so I don't. So we don't stop. "

Tom nods and we both walk to the car to go to the office.

«—»

Once we are in a room with a screen in front of us, we keep brainstorming.

Madelyn: "20 year old girl named Kaity was found in a park. You've just gotta see the photos. "

She showed the photos. It just seemed the exact thing happend with that other girl. Stabbed across the neck with all of her private things around her. It looked terrible again. Then came a picture of her arm with codes.

"Look, again these random numbers."

"Yeah we don't know what that is. Probably a joke" Said madelyn.

"And we know for sure this isn't a tattoo?" Tom said

"Idk, what else could it be?" Madelyn said

"Uhm maybe, just maybe, it could be a coordinates? What might lead us to a suspect? " I said afterwards.

Tom and Madelyn look at me.

Madleyn: "Well, you can figure that out, I think" she said uncertainly.

I look at Tom sitting in a chair.

"You think I'm crazy?" I said to him

"Why would the suspect lead a thing that can bring us to him? The suspect doesn't want to be caught. No one  would ever do that."

"He's playing something like a game! He want us to solve something! A mystery or, or..." I sigh.

Tom looks at the ground. I then look at Madelyn.

"I came here to save and protect people's lives! And you're going to tell me I should leave this out? That I shouldn't investigate this because you think it's a tattoo, or a joke?"

I get up from my chair and look deeply frustrated at Tom and Madelyn. Madelyn sighs and Tom doesn't say anything. I look at him.

"I thought you were better then this." I said to him.

And I storm through the door.

"Wait y/n, I didn't mean it like that!" Tom said but it doesn't stop me.

And I slam the door behind me.