Steven: What's that?

Peridot: You know! You... guys.

Steven smiles, when banging is heard atop the compartment. Iron heard it as well, releasing steven from the hug

Steven: (looks up fearfully*) What's that sound?

A red hand suddenly pushes against the cockpit glass, causing Steven to back away in shock.

Steven: (gasps* ) A Gem mutant!

Peridot: They must've buried some prototypes with the Cluster.

More banging is heard outside the compartment.

Steven: They're all over us! They're attacking the drill! What do we do?

Peridot presses a button on the panel and a weaponized CCTV camera pops out from atop the cockpit, knocking a Gem mutant away.

Peridot: Pearl didn't think it was necessary, but I never leave home without a blast cannon. (hands a controller, akin to the Nintendo 64's, to Steven*)

Iron: I actually made a few adjustments there, steven. So that in  case someone like you would use it, you can use it properly.

Live footage of the Gem mutants is displayed on the panel as an aiming guide.

Steven: Thanks Iron.

Steven begins controlling the cannon with the controller, blasting away the Gem mutants off the drill.

Steven: Something doesn't feel right about this.

Iron: Then use the D-pad.

Steven: No, it's just... ngah. These things. We can't just leave their gems out there. They're going to form again later. If I could just bubble them, then, they'd be safe.

A Gem mutant arm, climbing atop the drill, loosens its grip and falls off into the magma.

Steven: C'mon! We've gotta help them.

Peridot: There is no helping them. They're too broken. The beings who used to be in those shards are so shattered, they don't know who they are, or what's happening around them. They just seek out other gems, looking for the missing pieces of themselves. Trying to make themselves whole.

A red Gem mutant hand tries to reach out to the camera, and Steven blasts it away.

The drill eventually hits a layer of dense rock and begins to shake.

Peridot: We're hitting some denser rock! This is it!

The drill pierces through the ceiling of a huge opening and stops. Peridot looks around the opening with mobile binoculars with a flashlight attached to it.

Peridot: Recovery depth achieved. Target found.

Steven: Is that...

Iron: The.

Peridot: Cluster.

The Cluster and its surroundings start to tremor. Steven and Peridot shout in panic.

Steven: What's happening?

White matter begin to ripple and surrounds the surface of the Cluster.

Peridot: It's too late! It's taking form!

The white matter begins to expand and rises up from the Cluster towards the drill.