The compartment rumbles momentarily, and Steven and Peridot look around in worry.

Steven: How'd you think you were gonna get everyone in here anyway?

Peridot: I don't know, they'd shrink or something. We didn't have a lot of time to plan.

Iron: You mean shapeshifting like amethyst?

Peridot: Yes, "shapeshifting" if that is the right term. 

Steven: So...Peridot,  what is the plan?

Peridot We have a drill. We're going to drill. Get ready - we're about to penetrate the asthenosphere!

Steven: Whoa, it's all lava!

Peridot: Lava is what comes out of volcanoes. That's super-heated peridotite.

Steven: Peridot...ite?

Peridot: Yeah. It's made of the same stuff as Peridots.

Steven: You were made on Homeworld, right?

Peridot: Mmhmm.

Steven: What was it like?

Peridot: I didn't exist. Then I did. I don't have memories of it, just feelings. I know I can never go back to Homeworld, but it's hard. Not to have some feelings for where you came from.

Steven: What about you iron?

Iron: Well, we iron gems are made by heating hematite or magnetite in a blast furnace along with a form of carbon called "coke" as well as calcium carbonate better known as limestone.

{A/N: This is real, because I made some research. Except iron, is a mineral in real life but in SU or my book they are a gem}

I

ron: (takes a deep breath*) Back when I first emerged, I was just like peridot. Until when I take part of the gem war, it changed my perception about everything. Ever since, I failed to shatter rose quartz-

Steven's eyes widen a little.

Iron: My life was nothing more than just pain, torchure, discrimination, and abandoned... All because I miss the opportunity to kill rose quartz. But, I can't really blame them though. I mean, who wouldn't be upset on someone that had such a big opportunity, then messing it up anyway.

Steven: Iron, it's okay.

Iron: Steven?! Don't you understand?!! I tried to kill your mom!!

Steven: I understand why you were trying to kill her.

Iron: Well what IF I shatter your mom though?! What would any of you think of me anyway?

Steven: But you didn't. And maybe, I can't forgive you Iron, but that is not reality. This is reality. The reality you have to face is you didn't shatter rose quartz. You're spending too much time wondering what would happen if you shatter my mom. It's very unhealthy and stressful. Iron, I understand homeworld abuse you, the diamonds abuse you. But that's in the past. Look, instead of thinking what would have happened. Maybe, it's best to think about your future and move on from your failure.

Iron: (wipes a tear from her left eye*) Thank you steven! (iron hugs steven*) I'm sorry for everything I did.

Steven: Hehehe. It's okay, I forgive you. Iron, don't worry, we will not treat you the same way homeworld treat you back then.

Steven stares at Peridot, spotting a tear welling in the corner of her eye. She then quickly wipes it away.

Peridot: But it's fine! (blushes slightly*) I have something different now.