**PART 2** (Chapter 9: L.A.)

"Don't worry, my dear. The fun is just about to begin." ~Unknown

 ~Your POV~

My bags are packed and I'm ready for L.A. My parents were waiting in the car for me to grab some more things I may want. I'm bringing my cell phone, a journal I bought with part of the three-hundred dollars I received, and a bathing suit just in case here's a hot tub or an indoor pool in the hotel I'm staying at.

Mark had already left for L.A. a few days ago. I wonder what hotel he's staying at right now. Hell, he might even have an apartment out there too. Who the hell knows.

I brought along my camera. It's been a while since I've taken pictures with this thing. I wonder if the battery is dead or not. Before leaving the apartment, I quickly checked to see if the battery was still okay. I turned the camera on and took a picture, even though I have no film inside yet. It still works. The camera lenses are still in tact as well. I smiled and left the apartment to meet up with my parents.

~Mark's POV~

Ryan, Daniel (the guys from Cyndago), and I are in the middle of making a comedy sketch. Another gentlemen's dispute. Ryan was also playing as a gentleman this time. We're sitting at a round table in the basement of this apartment throwing clever and funny insults at each other, messing up as we're trying to make insults up. I laughed at something that Ryan said. "How the hell is that even relevant?" I asked while trying to control my laughter. Their laughing became more out of control than ever before. It got to a point where we had to stop recording for a minute.

After calming down a little bit, we started recording again and continued our series of insults. We went on with this for another half an hour until we got enough footage for a video. Recording this comedy sketch really got my mind off of her. In fact, just coming here to L.A. helped the thought of her disappear.

When I got back to my apartment, I called my therapist on the phone and talked to him about my day so far. He was right. This trip was definitely helping me clear my head.

~Your POV~

It took forever to get to L.A. But by the time we got there, it seemed earlier than it did in Ohio, obviously because of the time difference. We left at like one in the afternoon. Now, it's barely even noon. I never thought I'd see the day where more time was added to my day.

It was a typical sunny day here in L.A. just like I had hoped for the whole way here. I breathed in the new air as we climbed into a taxi car. We are heading to a hotel closest to Karen's apartment. She pays monthly rent for an apartment here in L.A. so she has a place to stay when visiting Francis.

Along the way, I took some pictures of sights I thought were beautiful. There was a beach we drove past with the sun shining just above the waterline. It was a good thing that my film is color and not black and white. These pictures are going to come out perfectly.

To my fortune, the hotel we were staying at has a perfect view of the beach. I was so happy because I've always loved beaches. I've never really been to one before, but the beaches are always the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I can't wait to watch the sunset here tonight. It'll get my mind off of Mark for the time being.

My parents payed for a week for the hotel. I was going to have my own room while my parents shared another room. Karen and her husband are at the apartment. I unpacked some of my clothes and lied them neatly on my bed. The hotel room was beautiful. The walls are painted a sky blue color, there was a wall T.V. just across from the bed, a chair was beside my bed next to a floor lamp, and I had a bathroom by the hotel room door. I had the perfect view of the beach from here when I opened the curtains. The sun was beaming in through the window. It was unbelievable that I would be placed in such a beautiful setting such as this. I'm very thankful I decided to take this trip.