Chapter 5: Just Cure Me

"We shouldn't have done that, Terrance!" I called over the thunder as we ran away. He was running right beside me. "How was I supposed to know that they'd react like that!?" He yelled back. I didn't answer him because I was too busy gasping for air. We arrived at a field and took a quick break. Our break was shorter lived than anticipated when we saw them there holding their guns."

~Mark's POV~

The second I woke up, I grabbed my phone and called a doctor. I got his phone number before I went to bed last night. I waited for an answer, which felt like waiting an eternity.

Someone finally answered. "Hello, I want to schedule an appointment for as soon as possible." I said almost to quickly for them to understand. I heard the sound of a pen writing on paper. "Okay, what's your name sir?" She asked. "Mark Fischbach." I answered.

It took her a second to reply, but she finally did. "Alright, what exactly is going on?" She asked me. I sighed slowly. "Well, I feel like I have an anger issue, and I just wanted to talk to a doctor about it and seek recommendations for therapists or psychiatrists." I explained. I heard her write more things down.

"Okay, our earliest available time is today at noon. Can you make it?" She said. I nodded my head. "Of course. Thank you. I'll see you in a few hours." I said and hung up. I felt excited and nervous at the same time. I hope therapy helps me with this issue because I never want to hurt anybody ever again.

I recorded a video before heading to the doctors. I was completing the Five Nights at Freddy's series where I do the custom night. It took me a while to beat it, but I finally did. I am the KING of Five Nights at Freddy's!

I walked past (f/n)'s apartment. It was shut and probably locked. I hope I'll be able to get some help from this doctor because I never want to hurt anyone ever again. I need to show (f/n) that what happened yesterday wasn't the true me.

I arrived at the doctors office minutes after I left the apartment. They took me in right after I checked myself in. I felt a little nervous when I followed my doctor to a room. He was wearing his white jacket with black jeans. It reminded me too much of the hospital. That experience of me attempting suicide still traumatizes me.

I sat in a chair as the doctor was flipping through papers on his clipboard. My fingers intertwined with each other, squeezing away the nerves that are tensing up. With the problems that I know I have, I don't even know where to begin when I start explaining them to him.

He looked up from his clipboard at me and smiled. "So, how are you doing today, Mark?" he asked. I smiled back. "I'm alright, how about you?" I said back. He nodded. "What seems to be the problem today?" he asked. I breathed in. "Well, I feel like I've been having a lot of anger issues lately, and I wanted to get recommendations of a therapist or someone that can possibly help me." I explained. He started writing a few notes on his clipboard. I savored the silence and tried to gather my thoughts together. My tension is slowly decreasing.

The doctor spent a few minutes evaluating me and it turns out that I have depression, a slight case of anxiety, and I'm definitely experiencing the early stages of anger. He told me that he's glad that we caught these mental illnesses in their early stages because they're easier to treat. If I had waited another week, I'd probably be in an even worse state. I'm glad I sought the help sooner than I would've.

I drove back home after receiving some recommendations from my doctor. He listed two very effective therapists on a small sheet of paper for me. I wasn't sure how long I'd have to attend therapy, but that'll be up to them.

It is now two o'clock. (F/n) should be getting out of school soon. That is, if she even went today. I didn't drive her, so I don't even know if she went or not.

I shook off the thought of her for now. I have other things I want to think about right now.

~Your POV~

"Get her!" Nikki shouted from behind me. I was running through the halls, trying to find an exit. She, along with Daniel and Kevin, have gathered groups of people to chase after me. There was still no sign of Skylar anywhere. She would've been involved in this whole angry mob bullshit.

There had to be at least twenty percent of the school right in this hallway. Wearing my hood all day and practically disguising myself didn't work at all. I don't know what part of me gave my identity away, but everything about myself needs to change so I can pretend to be a completely different person.

The exit is just up ahead. I prayed to myself that I'd get out of here alive. Reaching the door, I pushed it open and sprinted through the parking lot where all of the seniors' cars are parked. I think I accidentally tipped off one of their alarms in their car. I disregarded it and just kept running. School was about to end anyway. The only class I missed was History.

I didn't bother looking for Terrance anywhere. Knowing his sleeping schedule, he was probably asleep. I checked my phone once I hid in a safe, isolated spot, and noticed two unread messages. They were both from Mark. Despite being overly pissed at him, I read to see what he wanted.

Mark: Hey, I'm really sorry about what happened yesterday. I just got back from the doctor's office. I'm going to see a therapist about this problem so I never do it again. I hope you're alright.

Mark: I love you...

His last message left my heart in pieces. I slowly put my phone away and slid against the wall downward to a sitting position. I squeezed my heart with both hands and started crying. It felt as though someone was stabbing my heart repeatedly until there was nothing left of it. I was happy to know that Mark was trying to get help, but I was upset that this all had to happen in the first place.

This is the exact reason why I lost touch with my religious side. My parents were losing touch long before I was due to their financial issues. But ever since that issue resolved itself, I don't think they've tried to get back in contact with Him. I refuse to waste my faith in Him now. I mean, I know that there are people out there who believe that He helps people choose the right path, but my path has been altered so many times by all of these heartless people. They may think I'm heartless, but while dealing with Korey's death, I tend to be emotionless. Not heartless.

My legs still refused to let me stand until I let out my sadness. I know that Khloe and Jackson treated me like shit in the past, but I never wanted them to die. I made so many death threats toward them, but who knew that they'd all come true in such a short amount of time? Maybe I should just kill myself. All I do is hurt people.

After deciding on that, I got up and walked home. I pulled my hood over my head again and scanned every perimeter of the streets to make sure nobody was there to attack me out of the blue.

I spent the next twenty minutes safely making my way home. Nobody was around to beat me up like I had expected the whole way. My parents weren't home, which gave me the perfect opportunity to attempt suicide. Mark was probably in therapy right now. It's nice of him to do all of this for me, but he shouldn't have to do anything for me. He always insists that he would, though. He's a good person.

I grabbed a bottle of my Mom's antidepressants from the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and poured the whole bottle in my palm. I stared blankly at them, and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My face was completely fucked up again. The bruise on my cheek was slowly fading, but my black eye was still distinguishable.

As I was about to swallow one, I heard a knock on my door. I quickly put the pills back in the bottle and put it back where it was. I opened the door and saw Mark standing there. He looked happy until he saw the bruise on my cheek. "Di-Did I do that to you?" he asked, almost shaking. I nodded. I didn't have anything to say to him right now.

He rubbed my cheek, which only made the pain stab me again. "That hurts." I said, lightly jerking my head back. I looked down to make sure my shoe laces were tied. They were. He looked down too, and looked even more saddened. "I still can't believe that I hurt you, (f/n)." he said. I shrugged. "I can't either, especially from a man of your means." I told him.

"I'm going to therapy in the morning." he said. "I want to end this thing before it even shows a sign of beginning." I frowned. "Mark, it already began." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It looks like Mark is ready to start his path to recovery. Hope therapy will be worth it :D