Chapter 7: Road To Recovery

"I never knew that a family who seemed so nice on the outside could be so...dangerous..on the inside." ~Your Mom

~Mark's POV~

Its been a few weeks since I told (f/n) about my upcoming therapy sessions. I've already had two sessions with my male therapist, and I feel like I'm getting better. He let me vent out to him whenever I had something on my mind, and maybe that's all I needed. (F/n) didn't want to hear about my suicidal thoughts-or so I thought-, and that thought forced me to bottle everything up.

I'm going through my third session right now. I already talked to him about how I'm pretty well-known on YouTube and that I make a variety of videos such as Let's Plays, comedy sketches, and vlogs. He seemed impressed with me when I told him that I now have nine-million subscribers.

"Have you seen (f/n) recently?" my therapist asked me. I shook my head. "I haven't seen her since my first session here. Ever since that incident where I slapped her, I couldn't even look at her. I want to be assured that I'm improving before I even face her again." I told him, remembering the incident clearly. He slowly nodded. "You're definitely doing a little bit better, Mark." he said. "I'm proud of you for seeking this kind of help. Most people who hit a woman don't even think to get help. They would just keep on doing it." I smiled a little bit. (F/n) has always told me that I was part of the rare community, and she's right.

My therapist and I concluded our session for the week and I headed out after scheduling another one for next week. I felt like I was getting a lot better. I have to take some prescription medication to level out my emotions, but other than that, everything seems to be going perfectly.

~Skylar's POV~

"I'll just see you guys later." I told them. They nodded and walked away from me. Nikki, Kevin, and Daniel are going to Nikki's house to plan a revenge scheme for (f/n). I don't want any part of it. After what she told me a few weeks ago, I felt as though she and Mark are innocent. They don't deserve this kind of treatment.

I walked toward my house with a lot going through my head. The three of them were going to find a way to hurt (f/n) again, and I'm just here like what the fuck. I love her. Not just in a friendly way. Like I fucking love her.

Maybe it's about time to reconcile with (f/n). We promised each other that we'd stay friends through everything no matter what. I'm a horrible person.

My Mom was waiting for me to get home. My parole officer might've let me and (f/n) off the hook, but my parents were pretty fond of that little curfew I've had for a while. I can honestly say that I hate my parents right now. I know they're just trying to protect me from any harm that could come my way after curfew, but still. I'm eighteen years old and I should have my own car right now. But nobody knows my story. Not even (f/n). She knows that I hate my parents, but she never understood why, and I don't intend on telling anybody my secret. People might've figured it out by now from the stories I've told them about my family life, but if they haven't caught on yet, they never will.

~Mark's POV~

By the time I got home, the video I made finally uploaded. It sometimes takes an hour or two for it to finish uploading, which kind of irritates me sometimes.

I decided to record another video in a little while after I relax. The thought of me slapping (f/n) across the face still bothers me even though I apologized to her several times. I'm a man who's supposed to be charitable to the world, but apparently I'm the complete opposite around people I love. Maybe I need a vacation. My therapist did suggest that I'd do that today just as I was leaving. I can probably spend a few weeks in L.A. and make some comedy sketches with Cyndago or something. It's been a while since I've seen those guys.

Before I record, I'm going to arrange the trip by buying a plane ticket and packing some of my bags. This little vacation should hopefully get my mind off of the stress for a while.

~Your POV~

"Thank you for watching Debbie. I know we were gone longer than expected, but I appreciate you for checking up on her." Karen said to me. I smiled as she handed me three-hundred dollars. She was originally going to pay me one-hundred dollars just for that one week, but she was gone for three. Debbie whimpered as I was heading for the door. Karen smirked. "Just like Francis, she's definitely taken a liking for you." she commented. I laughed lightly as I petted Debbie behind the ears.

"I was planning on going back to California next week for a business trip. I was thinking that you and your family could come along too because your mother has to come with me, and I figured that since you're such a good kid, you could use a little break." Karen explained to me. I smiled. "That would be amazing! I've never been to California before!" I cheered. Karen smiled wider. "It's beautiful, and I think you're going to love it. Plus, Francis is there, so you could probably spend some time with him." she said, and winked. I rolled my eyes jokingly. "I'd definitely like to hang out with him again. He seems more mature than anyone I've ever met." Suddenly, the image of being slapped across the face came to mind again. Even though it's been weeks since it happened, I still can't get over it. I just hope that Mark is doing okay with therapy.

I finally took off after letting out the excitement of what could be. My apartment is on the other side of this hallway. Mark's apartment door was closed, most likely locked. He sometimes locks his door whenever he's upset or just not home. I slowly walked up to it and turned the door knob. Sure enough, it was locked. I heard him talking to someone, though. I pressed my ear against the door to make out what he's saying.

"Yeah, I'm planning on going to California at the end of the week." I heard him say. He's probably on the phone. The end of the week? That's tomorrow. I'm going to California next week. Maybe I'll see him there...?

"Yeah, so I won't be around for you guys to visit. My therapist recommended that I go somewhere as soon as possible." he said. "I wont be there too long. Before you guys head back home, stop by and we'll have a drink or something. Alright? Well I have to go. I'll talk to you later, Bob." Silence poured out in his apartment. I'm assuming that he hung up.

I heard his footsteps walk toward the apartment door, which made me jump slightly. I quickly ran into mine and shut the door before Mark even opened his door. I gasped for air, as if it was the scariest thing I've ever been through.

Mom and Dad were coming toward me with smiles on their faces. "We're going to California next week, (f/n)!" Mom said as she hugged me. I hugged her back, finally realizing my excitement again. I couldn't wait to see Francis, and to get away from all of those assholes at that school. Life was going to be great for once. No worries, no pain, and definitely no need to kill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys sorry for taking 20382398 years to update (and yes, that's an exaggeration lmfao). i've been pretty busy with college lately and couldn't make time to update. BUT, i was working on it gradually. here you go, though. you're going to LA soon! but will it all be fun times while you're there? you'd better hope so....muhahahahaahahaha >:P