Chapter 6: Please Forgive Me

"You're a crazy person!" I shouted. He just smiled at me while holding the knife out toward me. "No, I just love you." he corrected. He started coming closer to me. Mark tried to protect me, but it wasn't working very much because he was still coming closer and closer. "You're mine, and only mine." he said."

~Your POV~

Mark was standing at my door almost ready to cry. "I'm really sorry, (f/n)!" he cried. "I'll do anything to make it up." I stared at him for a moment. He looked like he was telling the truth. I looked down for a moment, and looked back up. "Fine. Just spend a few sessions with your therapist and if you start getting better, even a little bit, we'll talk. Okay?" I said sincerely. He nodded his head. "Alright, I will. I promise I'll get better. For you, and for me." he said.

My parents were making their way here. Mark looked at them and smiled. "Hey." he said with a fake smile. They smiled back. "How are you doing?" Mom asked him. He nodded. "I'm doing fine, and yourself?" he said. I walked away to let those guys talk. I went back into the bathroom to take another look at Mom's pills. They looked so peaceful just sitting inside the bottle. I decided that things are going to get better and that I should just wait to attempt suicide. I was able to see a faint light at the end of the tunnel, and it's only a matter of it getting brighter. With the way things are going in school, that light is going to shine with great difficulty.

I walked back out and watched as my parents chatted away with Mark at the kitchen table. Every time I looked at Mark, I always rose with anger. Ever since he hit me last night, I've felt nothing except for anger. I'm apparently just better at controlling it because otherwise, someone would be dead. Oh right...

I have a few unread messages on my phone. Before I went anywhere within the range of my parents' and Mark's sight, I put some makeup on my face. I put foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, and mascara on my face. They managed to hide away the pain and bruises just perfectly, like a smile hides tears.

I read the messages Skylar sent me and felt a little weird by what she was saying to me.

Skylar: We need to talk right now.

Skylar: Meet me at my house.

I looked around me and saw that nobody was looking. I didn't bother responding to her message. I just left the apartment.

It was getting really cold now. Today is the last day of September. Time seemed to have stopped for me because of all of the things I had to deal with. Everything happened too quickly for me to even remember them. It all started becoming a blur. The ones who have hurt me are dead. Korey was the only person who died unfairly. Mark is being blamed for killing him, but how was he supposed to know that Jackson would shoot like that? He's always intimidated us by threatening to kill us, but everything changed when he actually shot.

People on the streets are staring at me with disappointing looks on their faces. They mumbled things to themselves directed at me. "Crazy." a man said. I pulled my hood over my head and hid my face. A few other people were saying shit to me as I tried to speed up my pace. Mothers were pointing at me and telling their five year old children to never be like me. Kids stared at me in confusion and just went along with what they said. People are so cruel these days. They don't know my story or what I've had to deal with. Maybe if they knew, they wouldn't be doing the things they're doing to me.

I'm carrying a wooden baseball bat with me in case of an emergency. I swung it back and forth as I walked to Skylar's house.

I saw Skylar waiting outside her house for me. She wasn't carrying any weapons as far as I know. She saw me and stood up from her spot on the porch. My baseball bat was dangling on my side and I looked at her. She had a saddened look on her face, but it quickly changed to anger.

"What do you want?" I asked meanly. She glanced at the baseball bat in my hands but disregarded it. "I want to talk to you about Mark." she started. I stared at her blankly until she continued. "Why didn't you tell he that he killed Korey?" I stared at her wide-eyed. "Sky! I didn't fucking know!" I screamed. "Besides, Jackson was the one who shot the gun, not Mark! He tried to save us! Just like he always did." Thinking about Mark made me feel more angry. I tightened my grip on the baseball bat until my hand stared cramping up.

Skylar didn't look as convinced as I hoped she would. Her gaze alternated between my eyes and the baseball bat. My gaze was kept on her. She didn't know what else to say.

"I don't know how to prove it to you because no matter what I do, you still refuse to believe me." I added. She came closer to me. "Then explain to me. Why are they saying that you were heartless over Korey's death?" I can't believe that she's acting like she doesn't know. I've told her so many times about this. But, just in case she forgot, I decided to refresh her memory.

I readied my baseball bat. "You know me, Skylar!" I yelled. "I'm not heartless! I just don't know how to respond to death because I haven't experienced a death in the family for as long as I had these emotional problems! When Korey died, I didn't know how to react the right way. There's never a correct way to react to a death regarding any circumstances. You, of all people, should understand." I gave her a mean look.

"Your boyfriend killed Korey!" Skylar shouted out of the blue. I sighed, knowing that she didn't listen to a word I said. She's still brainwashed by the other three. There's no convincing someone who's sure of their beliefs.

I shook my head. "He's not my boyfriend anymore. If you want to hurt someone, hurt him. I could careless now." Her face softened at what I said. I turned around and walked away from her. Before leaving her front yard, I set my baseball bat on the ground for a moment and punched the crap out of the tree nearest to me. I punched it so hard that a layer of tree bark fell right off. It was twice the size of my fist. Skylar looked a little surprised by my strength. "Fuck you all!" I screamed.

I looked over at Skylar as I picked up my baseball bat. She looked sad and surprised at the same time. "Let it all sink in, Sky. Maybe one day, you'll understand." I said and walked away. It felt good letting all of that out, but I feel as though I had just spoken to a brick wall rather than the compassionate person Skylar once represented.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skylar is under the influence that Mark was the one who killed Korey. But, you know the true story already from when it happened. Mark just threw a rock at Jackson to knock him out, but it all backfired when Jackson shot the gun when he was falling into an unconscious state. (this is for everyone who didn't read the second book or just didn't understand what was going on).

thanks for reading guys! you're all the best <3

With These Broken Pieces (Markiplier x Reader Fanfiction) P1B3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara