Chapter 24

Lunch box

Qurrat's POV:

My last lecture got cancelled today so I can go home early but Apiji hasn't come to pick me up yet... obviously she hasn't... how would she know that I will get break early today... moreover she has her classes.... so I informed Apiji messaging that she doesn't need to pick me up... I will manage by myself...

Though I went to bus stand to go home but then I thought of something else... why don't I just visit him at his office???... it will be interesting as I have never gone there....

So now I am standing here in front of his office.... after entering the building I was really amazed... the enterior really looks so fascinating.... it doesn't look so luxurious but it's classy indeed....

I know his office is on 8th floor... as there are only four cabins on 8th floor... which are for Baba, Sadik Bhai, Jhafil and Sameer... though there are still time for Sameer to join but they have already organised his cabin...

I was going towards lift when receptionist called me...

Receptionist: Excuse me Mam... you are going towards private lift... lifts for guest and employees are at opposite side...

Me: Oh.. okay...
(Well... I came here for the first time but my direction is so correct... though I didn't know that lifts are separated...)

Receptionist:Mam... May I know whom you have come to meet???....

Me: Mr. Jahfil Saihaan...

Receptionist: do you have an appointment???...

Me: I don't... and I don't think I need...

Receptionist: Excuse me... but only family members can meet sir without appointment...

Me: are you new here???....

Receptionist: yes... it's been two weeks since I joined...

Me: well.. as I don't have appointment so will you please tell Mr. Jahfil that I have come???...

Receptionist: actually as his assistant is on leave today so If I call now it will directly went to Jahfil Sir and I don't want to disturb him for no reason...

(Now I was getting angry.... she was talking nicely at first and she seemed nice too.... but her last sentence fueled me up...)

Me: Will you please???... Otherwise maybe you will have to regret this???....

(I said so calmly that my calmness made it intimidating... and she seemed to be intimidated by that as she called in next second....
As her intercom is on speaker so I was hearing everything...)

Receptionist: Good Afternoon, Sir... Someone has come to meet you....

Jahfil: who???...

Me: say that his wife has come to meet him...

Receptionist: Sir... your wife has come to meet you...
(She said and widened her eyes in realisation...)

Jahfil: what???..... And why are you even calling me to inform that.... she doesn't need any permission.... just send her...

Receptionist: I am extremely sorry Mam... I should have asked before who you are...

Me: It's okay... just be a little careful next time...
(I said smiling and she smiled back heaving a sigh of relief...)

Jahfil's POV:

Qurrat is here???... I didn't expect her to come just like this.... In  fact I am surprised as what she is doing here at this time.... shouldn't she be at her uni now???.... and how did she came??? Did she just came here all alone???... I was thinking all this when someone knocked on my door...

Me: Come in...

(And she came inside looking as cheerful as always...)

She: Hiii...
Me:Hellow....

She:How are you???....

Me: I am fine.... why are you standing there???.... just sit...

She: oh... yeah... nice office you have...

Me: thank you.... now tell me what are you  doing here at this time???... And how did you came??? .....

She:Actually my last lecture got cancelled so I just thought of coming here... and I came all alone by myself...

(She said being proud of herself)

Me: What???...you could have just called me I would have picked you up and bring here...
(I almost yelled but refrained myself... I mean what is her problem.... when I have already told her to call me when needed then why she has to come here alone.... when this route is even new to her...)

She: Calm down please... I just wanted to give you surprise visit...

(She said so softly that I melted right away... well that's a good surprise though...)

Me: Okay...and thanks for this...

She: So you are surprised???...
(She asked excitedly...)

Me: Well yes....
She:yeaaaahhhh....
(She shouted and clapped in tiny.... it's cute...)

She: okay.... now let's have lunch...as you have forgotten your lunch box today so your new lunch box will be here just in few minutes...

Me: How did you know that???... Even I have realised that I didn't bring my lunch box after reaching office...

She: when I was getting off from car my eyes landed on back seat and saw that there is no lunch box... so I called Bhabi and told her to send a fresh one by driver at noon....

Me: Ow....

(That's all I could say.... this little gesture of care from her has really melted me.... she may be childish but she knows how to care for her loved ones... wait... loved ones???... seriously!!!... am I???...

I was lost in my thoughts again when she called me for lunch... and we had a very nice time while having it....
Later she insisted to stay at office and roam around.... and I granted her wish... later we both went home together in evening....

Well sometimes it's not bad to forget your lunch box.... right???....)

A/N: I just wanted  to write these two lines-

"Me: say that his wife has come to meet him...
Receptionist: Sir... your wife has come to meet you... "

And just to have it as main dish I had to prepare these appetizers and desserts....