Chapter 28

Insecurities

Jahfil's POV:

What happened so suddnely???... Why she left like this???... Even Bhabi and Maa are also looking worried seeing her leaving like this.... what is happening???...

Me: Excuse me everyone.... I gotta go...

Rameez: Yeah yeah... we know where you need to go.... Even our dinner is almost finished so we will take our leave too...

Me: okay then... bye... have a safe journey...

Maisha: Dude... you could have asked us to take rest for sometime....
Faiz: Don't tease him guys... I think you should go to Bhabi... it didn't seem alright when she left...
(He said to me with concern.....)

Me: Thanks yaar for understanding....

Maisha: Sorry.... we didn't notice.... okay then .... you go... we are also leaving...

Me: thank you everyone.... and drive safely...

Rameez: Yeah yeah... we will...

(After bidding them I went to Bhabi and asked her....)

Me: Bhabi... is everything okay with Qurrat???...

Bhabi:Well... Jahif...

(And she told me everything from those aunties to Zeenat....

Oh no... so many things has happened.... Allah knows what is running in her mind now....
so I just went to her without wasting time.... after entering in our room I saw her standing in front of mirror staring at herself blankly.... I went near her and called her twice but she didn't budge so I touched her shoulder and she turned towards me....)

She: Oh.... you here... has everyone left???... I am sorry... I was just about to come downstairs....

(She said with a fake smiling face and was about to go when I held her wrist and she stopped.... for the first time I have held her hand like this and it is surely doing something to me.... and looking at her frozen figure and goosebumps it's obvious that she is also feeling the same way....

But now it's time to sort other things... )

Me: Wait Qurrat... yes... everyone has left... and Bhabi will handle kitchen.... Maa is also there to help her... So there is no need for you to go now... moreover you have more important thing to do here now...

She: What???....

Me: Talk to me... just tell me what exactly are you thinking???.... Why were you looking at yourself like this???.....

She:I was just....
(She began to say but stopped and looked down.... I took her to bed and made her sit while I sat on ground kneeling.... my hands are on her lap holding her hands ... )

Me: Say Qurrat... I am here to listen to you always.... You know this, right???...

(She nodded and said...)

She: I was never worried about my skin tone... I have always believed that if anyone likes someone then he should like that person for her personality... for her inner self... not because only she is beautiful....

(She said and looked at me when I gestured her to continue....)

She:And I am lucky that no one has ever judge me on my brown skin... but today what that Aunty said has really left me thinking.... Won't you really be ashamed of me while taking me with you somewhere where no one will praise your wife like others???.... Don't you really deserve someone beautiful like Zeenat Aapi???....

(I was angry like hell at this... I mean what's this problem of this society's people... why they have to spread negativity like this...)

She: still I let these questions pass... but when you compliment Zeenat Aapi like that I don't know why I felt really hurt... so I couldn't control myself anymore and came here....

(When she finished that's when I realised tear drops falling on my hand... so I just sat beside her and wiped her tears... I answered to her while cupping her cheeks with my both hands....)

Me: Qurrat.... concluding all your questions I have only one answer to say... though the answer was given by yourself but let me repeat....

(She looked at me with questioning eyes)

Me: If I have chosen you instead of some so called beautiful one then you must be special.... in fact you are more than special.... you are unique and adorable in your own way.... I am not someone who judge any person by look... I search for inner beauty.... and trust me your inner self is more beautiful than anyone else's.... and if you are thinking about your look then trust me.... you are just saying this because you haven't seen yourself with my eyes... you are saying that no one will praise my wife!!!... for Allah's sake... I am afraid that if you just get ready in simplest way still no one can resist your cute and adorable face.... there will be flood of compliments for you... even I think I will have to be your bodyguard to protect you from evil eyes...

(I said chuckling at last sentence...)

She: Really???... are you saying the truth???...

(She asked so softly and innocently that I could not resist myself anymore and did what I wanted to do.... I just nodded my head in yes and kissed her forehead while cupping her cheeks and let my lips linger on her forehead for a longer time.... after retreating I saw her eyes still closed... but she seemed to be at peace.... after few seconds she opened her eyes and smiled at me....
And this time.... it was her real smile which I was dying to see....)

Me: You okay now???...
(She nodded...)

Me: are you sure???....

She: yeah... of course... now let me go to Bhabi... she must be worrying....

Me:Yeah... go...

(She said and went out of room while I was thinking about her.... who knew that even this bubbly girl can have insecurities.... but somewhere it felt good that she was being insecure about me... which shows how much important I am to her.... well thanks to her insecurities for letting me know about my importance..... everything has a positive side... right???.... but I will make sure that it never happens again....)