Chapter 20

Blue and Grey

Jahfil's POV:

After returning home I was greeted by a smiling Qurrat.... but something is different today... her smile is different today... it seems like she is trying her best to hide her sadness with her smile... and I am thousand percent sure that is true... but why???.... what happened???...

She: Assalamualaikum.... welcome home...

Me: walailumassalam... how are you???

She: all good....

(She said while taking my bag and went to our room... and I came to hall to sit with everyone as usual... yes... after coming from office at first I sit with everyone to have a lil chitchat...)

Me: Is everything okay???....Has anything happened???...

Maa: No... why???...

Sameer: If you are asking this after noticing Quri's mood then even we are trying to figure it out....

Madiha: She is really being like this since she came back from her parent's house...

Sadik: Have you asked her???....

Maa: not directly.... but we tried to talk about it... but she just avoided this topic...

Baba: Maybe she didn't want to come back that's why she is sad...

Madiha: I don't think so Baba... because I have never seen her sad for missing her family...

Me: Even she herself once said that she is so happy with us that she doesn't even miss her own family now...

Sadik: Then what has happened to my little sister???...

(Bhai said being worried... He really treats her like his own younger sister.... Everyday before coming home she will call Qurrat to ask If she needs anything... and Qurrat... she will always demand for either candy and chips or ice cream and pastry... and he brings it happily... he says that he likes it when Qurrat demands something from him...)

Me: Let me check on her...

(I said and went to our room... but frowned not seeing her in the room.... just then I hear melodies coming from balcony.... when I went to balcony I saw her standing putting her hands on railings closing her eyes while singing....I wanted to hear her... so I just stand there listening her...

She was singing....

Where is my angel
I am sick and tired of everything
Someone come and save me please
Cause I can't take it anymore

Everywhere I go everywhere I see
Can you look at me
cause I am
Blue and Grey

Everytime I smile everytime I cry
Can you look at me
Cause I am
Blue and Grey

I just wanna be happier
Baby don't you leave me alone
I feel tired in winter sky
Wish I could be strong

Oh.. this ground feel so heavier
I am singing by myself

I just wanna be happier
Is this a big greed

I am really spellbound by her voice.... I didn't know her voice is so soulful.... listening her singing is so soothing but you can feel sadness in her voice too...you can say it just by her voice that how much she is feeling this song....
But why is she singing this song which is about being Blue and Grey...
I really want to know why is she so sad...)

Me: your singing is amazing....

She: oh... you are here...  well..  thank you....

Me: by the way what are you doing here at this time???...

She: nothing... just wanted to do so...

(She said and sat on ground folding her legs and holding her knees.... I also sat beside her on ground folding my one leg and keeping one hand on it... we sat there like this for some moments when she suddenly leaned her head on my shoulder... and my whole body stiffened... I am not saying that I wasn't feeling good or I was being uncomfortable.... In fact I felt great... Never have I imagined that I , Mr. Jahfil Saihaan will feel giddy like this when someone will lean her head on me... but it happened... because that person is not someone... she is my wife...

Well... it's not the time to visit your la la land Mr. Jahfil... I said to myself and looked at her who was leaning her head on me looking like she is really tired of everything....
I really want to know the reason of her being Blue and Grey)

A/N: I know that singing part may be funny or cliche but it is needed for later in this story...

And if you are confused about this Blue & Grey thing... then let me explain...

Blue and Grey depicts sadness , emptiness and depression.....
Being Blue and Grey means someone who seems to be happy but somewhere he/she is so depressed but can't say that to anyone....

I don't know if I could explain it properly or not but I tried my best.... and if it's not well enough then google is open for everyone...