X- Birthdays Extravaganza!! Pt. 1

<One Month Time Skip to Kakashi's Birthday (September 15)>

It couldn't have been more perfect. I had scheduled training with Kakashi on his birthday! You will not believe what I got him...*does the evil praying mantis thing*.

Once I finished getting ready for training, I slipped in my gift for Kakashi into my ninja supplies pouch and exited my room. I had a quick breakfast with the family and hugged everyone goodbye. Yes, even Fugaku. Although he doesn't really ever know what to do when I do that, so he just kinda sits/stands there and lets me hug him. It's really awkward sometimes but I've gotten used to his emotionless antics. At least the rest of the household knew how to hug.

I made my way to the training grounds, walking at a slow pace because I knew Kakashi would be late. You know, he wasn't actually always late to our training, and when he was, it wasn't even that late. I think the anime exaggerated it or something.

Kakashi's birthday was definitely one of the most important ones to celebrate out of everyone I knew. He doesn't have anyone that special in his life anymore to celebrate it with, so I knew his birthday was something he didn't even bother with. I wanted to change that.

When I arrived, I was more than surprised to see he was already there, waiting for me. I ran over to him and jumped on him giving him the biggest hug I could muster.

"Happy birthday Kakashiiiii!" I exclaimed and released him from the hug. I gave him a huge smile.

He smiled back, "Thank you Natalia. How'd you know it was my birthday— wait just kidding don't answer that." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. I laughed.

"I got you something!" He raised his eyebrow as I pulled out my gift. I handed it to him and watched his reaction.

His eyes widened IMMENSELY. Then, he started sputtering nonsense, "H-how'd you know?! Wait, what? Hold on. How did you even get this? How's that- huh? Wait is this unreleased?"

I blinked. "Okay, woah dude, too many questions."

"Hehe sorry." He replied awkwardly. Clearing his throat, he asked, "So can you explain to me what this is and how you got it?"

I nodded, "well you see, I got Gramps to contact Jiraiya so that I could ask him to help me with your gift. He's the author of those books you read." His eyes went wide and I tried to suppress my laughter as I continued, "I ended up getting in contact with him and I asked him to send me a copy of his next unreleased novel he's been working on so I could give it to you. After some begging, he obliged because I kept using the excuse that I'm his goddaughter." He laughed and shook his head. "Sooo, yea! That's your birthday present from me."

"Thank you, Natalia." He said and then he.. he gave me a hug. It was crazy.

"Y-you're hugging me?!" I asked him incredulously.

He released me from the hug and said, "is there a problem with me hugging you?"

"NO, it's just that I'm always the one who hugs YOU!" I exclaimed and looked at him like he was mildly insane.

I then placed my hand on his forehead, "are you feeling well?"

He rolled his eye and swatted my hand away (rude). "Yes, I'm feeling fine. I hugged you because of how thoughtful you are."

"Wow, you must really love those books." I said, amazed that he hugged me because of that.

He then shook his head, much to my confusion. "No, that's not it. You go above and beyond for others. It just amazes me how caring you are, and I first noticed it when I met you. I know it wasn't easy to get in contact with Jiraiya, so that's why I'm thanking you for putting so much effort into my birthday." He finished and gave me a closed eye smile.