35 - Jokes on you pt 1

.

.

.

"That money...I'll find it for you. And i'll keep the rest of what we earn." Kouji says, smirking wide. Zoe, Jiho and Daniel stare at Kouji gaping. They couldn't believe what a kid his age was saying. He understood the basics and complexity of hacking and computers.  He seemed to only need a brief description of the issue to understand and plan something efficient and quick. 

"Now our personnel is minimal. Hey, Part-timer." Kouji addressed Little Daniel. "Huh..?" Daniel stuttered. Kouji laid back on the counter. 

"Call three friends you think we can trust."

.

.

.

A few minutes flew by and Little Daniel's trusted friends hadn't arrived yet. Y/n tapped her foot on the ground.  

"AHHH why aren't they here yet??" Kouji whined. Y/n glared at him. "Calm down, Kouji, don't be a drama queen, Little Daniel said they'd be here soon." 

Kouji huffed. Suddenly they hear the door bell chime. Little Daniel smiled. "AH! You made it!!" 

Y/n's eyes widened as she saw who came through the door. 

"Glad you could make it, Jay!" Little Daniel piped up. Jay saw Y/n, and immediately smiled and waved. She waved back, smiling wide. But she felt someone grab her arm and shake it vigorously. 

"W-WHO'S THAT???!" Kouji blushed, furiously. Y/n raised an eyebrow. "Who? Jay?" Kouji nodded, quickly, watching Jay walk in. 

"You idiot, with a nose like yours, of course you can smell the money off of someone." Y/n rolled her eyes, slipping out of Kouji's grip. She walked up to Jay, hugging him. 

"Sooo, we're going to need some help from you, is it okay that we called you here so late?" Y/n smiled. Jay nodded, kindly. 

The store bell chimed again, and in came Zack. "Hmph, Jiho, how you've grown...calling me here." He said, upon entering the convenience store. Zack eyed Kouji who slumped back on the counter looking depressed, but was actually disappointed it wasn't another rich person coming through the door. 

"What's this...? That kid seems depressed." Zack said, frowning. Y/n rolled her eyes. "Don't mind him. How are you?" Y/n said, hugging Zack, too. He hugged her back. "I'm good. So what's going on?" 

"I'll explain in a bit." Y/n said. 

Little Daniel looked over to Kouji. "But Kouji...why did you ask me to call my friends? Is this like some secret mission?" 

Kouji stuck his hands in his pockets, looking down on them. "Nah. I just don't have any friends at all. Because i'm cocky." Kouji shrugged, catching them off-guard. 

"But where's the other guy?" Kouji asked. Little Daniel looked at his phone, checking for any messages back from Vasco. 

"Well, i don't know... He hasn't texted me back... Vasco. He's not usually like this..." Little Daniel said. Y/n looked at him. "Vasco? He hasn't answered?" She rose an eyebrow. Little Daniel nodded, wearily. 

Y/n frowned. "I'm going to...go check up on him. I just saw him and Jace because of my shift at the café." Y/n said, heading towards the door. 

Zack and Jay stood up, grabbing her hands. 

Zack stops. "Move, blondie- Y/n where are you going?" 

Jay nods. "It's pouring. You can't go by yourself."