If she didn't open the door he has to go away and tomorrow early she can get the flight to UK, it is all set and done. She heard the doorbell ring again. And she slowly retreated decided that she didn't heard a thing about anything.

She started chopping the vegetables absentmindedly and then the ringing of bells continued. Her heart was breaking, but she again tried to make herself understand that it was for both their betterment. 

Both of their lives could be at peace if she didn't open that door, if she left quietly, he would have one less thing to worry about and he didn't have to think about hurting her at all. She forced herself to look away from the door and engage in the work.

Suddenly someone pulled her hand away from the chopping board. She looked at Forrest's dark and angry eyes. "What the fuck is wrong with you Reva? What were you trying to do? Chop your fingers off?" She didn't realize she was. "H...How did you..." 

"Shut up" Forrest shouted pressing a paper towel against her cut. She couldn't feel anything. The numbness was too great for her to overcome.

He took some emergency supplies from his bag and bandaged her finger. "There you go all better." It was like he wasn't shouting profanities at her a moment before, there was a sudden change in his behavior making Reva confused.

 She couldn't understand this man at all. Not at all. "Now is it hurting more?" He asked her. "N...no I am... fine it is not hurting at all." But that wasn't what bothering her at all. How can he be inside this apartment? He shouldn't have the key to unlock the door.

"H...How did you manage to get in?" She asked. He pulled her to him hugging her. He felt her body crushed against his. Her smell invaded his senses, she smelled so exotic like vanilla and lavender. He missed that smell. He placed his head on her neck smelling it more breathing in and out softly. 

 She didn't moved, she was too shocked to move anyway. She was too shocked to do anything. "Forrest" She whispered feeling his warm breath on her neck. "Little birdie, I missed you so much today, why do you wish to punish me this way? What I ever do to you? You promised you will never leave me alone. You promised and then you did leave me why?"

Reva tried to pull away from him. "No, don't go, don't Reva, I need you more than you need me. If you leave now, I will fall apart." He whispered.

If I stayed, I will lose myself in a way that I can never ever recover, I have to go Forrest, away from you, though she still was unable to pull herself away from him. "Tell me little birdie, if you would be the only one who can save me, will you choose to do so, at the expense of everything you see around you? Even when everything is hopeless can you not lose faith on me, in us, and in our relationship?" He asked. He sounded too lonely, too broken.

"yes"

Forrest looked into her dark brown eyes. The truth was shining into them. How can he stay away from her like this? It is cruel, so much cruel even to think about that he can ever be without her. "Can you let go of me please?" She asked politely. "No, I cannot Reva, I don't want to. I don't want to feel lonely again. I don't want to feel lonely ever again." He kissed her forehead still holding her in his arms, still trying to relax his erratic breathing. 

The one he just ran down fifteen floors to recover the spare keys for the apartment so he can get in. only thought on his mind was what if he was late? Too late to save her from the impending fate.

"Are you staying for Dinner Sir?" She asked politely pulling away. Or tried to. He was still holding on to her arm. "Why don't we order a take out, so you don't hurt yourself more than you did, then we can talk about things over a glass of wine, while we wait for our meal to arrive?" He suggested. "I am not hurt, I can cook..." He placed his finger over her lips silencing her. This sent shivers through her body. Her lips parted a little and her breathing quicken.

He traced them with his fingers. "You are so beautiful Reva Mathur, it makes me so angry even to think that anyone else other than me can fantasize about you in the confinements of the dark corner of their room. No one can do that no one except for me. I won't allow anyone else to be that close to you ever."

 "Forrest this is wrong" Her voice was weak and feeble. "What is? You want me don't you, you are as lonely as I am Reva, we both need each other. More than you want to admit ever. Reva Mathur, I want to do bad things to you"

But he didn't move, didn't closed the distance between them. In his mind, it was just going on that, Reva was his for taking, no one can take that right away, not even Reva herself. He will not allow it. He will not allow anything or anyone to come between them. Between him and her. 

"You have a girlfriend whom you love" "I have a best friend whom I need to be more than my best friend to me, I want to have to right to hold her, kiss her, touch her without hesitation, without restriction. I want to have the right to hold her to sleep every single night like we used to." Reva looked away from his intense gaze.

"Forrest, I don't want to be a homewrecker. I don't want to come between you and your duties as a boyfriend." He pulled back thinking he might have made a mistake by telling her about Ange, if he didn't then they wouldn't be having this conversation after all. 

Maybe they could have done it differently, he could have told her to read him another book while they waited for their food. He could have relaxed in her lap sleeping like a baby like he always does in her presence.

How could he make her understand that she was his dreamcatcher? She keeps anxiety away; she keeps the nightmares away. He had been peaceful after so many days after so many years of agony. She was his calm in storm.

 He needed her to stay. Yes, it is very selfish, yes it was out his character, but he wanted her to stay by his side. And for that, he was ready to do everything. Everything in his power to make her stay by his side.

"See You can too see it, Don't you?" Reva asked though her rationalized thoughts were far, far away from her mind and her emotions were all over the place. Still, she wanted to make him understand how all of it can turn up so badly. She knew it will, there is no doubt in it. "Why don't you order something for us, baby," Forrest asked surprising her all of a sudden with endearment.

 "Forrest this..." "Is how we are going to be for as long as we are together, eating dinner together, sleeping holding each other, telling about each other's day even when you are right there next to me. Sometimes disappearing without any cause from the face of the earth just because we felt like it. Reva, I want to do that and more so much more to you. I always thought about how it would be like to have someone to wear my college hoodie, sadly I never did find that out, but now I can. I am going to fulfil my every desire, experience every tiny little thing that I missed, through you. And you are going to let me." He said rubbing his nose against her.

"I am not your girlfriend Forrest, it is just not right, you already have someone for all those things. I am..." "My fiancée? That's what you called yourself, didn't you? So, from that place, it makes me your fiancé too, and I want to enjoy it, enjoy being your fiancé because I cannot let anyone else assume that particular position in your life. I cannot let anyone hold like this, call me selfish, call me possessive or foolish, I am all those for you and just for you Reva Mathur. Just for you" And he pulled her to himself again.

"Let's order something, then we can eat while watching romantic teen dramas and lots of alcohol and when we are overly emotional and drunk, we will make out and then fall asleep in each other's arms," Forrest suggested. Reva knew it was a very bad idea but she cannot help but follow along for her sake and for his happiness. 

Word Count: 2285 Words