Just as his lips brush mine I hear a knock at the door. Thank god I locked it earlier...

Danny groans lowly and drops his body on top of mine. I make a oof sound from the weight and the door handle jiggles.

"Angie stop locking your fucking door. I'm going out with Hannah tonight did you want to come?" I hear Maya say exasperatedly.

I struggle to breathe under this giant man child that is now snuggling his face into my neck.

"No. I'm good. Gonna start packing." I manage to get out.

"Whatever. Bye!" She calls out. I hear her footsteps descend down the hall and down the steps.

"Daniel you're crushing me." I groan as I shove against his shoulders. He groans against my neck lowly and it sends a shiver up my spine.

"I like it when you call me Daniel" he says as he raises his head from my neck and gives me his classically sexy smirk. Noted.

"Well in that case Daniel. Get the fuck off" I say and shove at his shoulders again.

Daniel grabs my wrists and pins them beside my head. His weight is lightly shifted off of me and I almost pout.

Yeah he was crushing me, but now that I didn't have his warmth I felt weird. Sort of like when you're using a pillow and someone asks to use it and you don't feel as comfortable without it.

When he wasn't around I always had that feeling.

"No. I still want my thank you." He pouts.

"And you still haven't said what it wa-"

Sparks.

That's all I felt when he placed his soft plump lips on mine. It was a gentle kiss. The kind that made your head feel weird and fuzzy. I could feel goosebumps rise all over my body at the gentle touch and I sigh into the kiss from the feeling. It's ridiculously cliché to say that all I felt was sparks but it was the truth. Tiny little sparks against my lips as he moved his with mine.

When he pulled away I felt out of breath. He'd only kissed me gently and yet my heart was beating like I just ran a marathon. How could a person have this much of an affect on me?

"You're welcome." He says.

I give him a confused expression and he smiles brightly.

"That's what I wanted as a thank you. So you're welcome." He says as he leans in closer and places another soft peck to my lips.

"We shouldn't be doing this." I say quietly "We'll get caught this way."

Daniel sighs and removes himself from me. He sits on the edge of my bed facing me. I sit up from my previous position and lean my back against the headboard.

"I know it's only been a week but I'm already tired of hiding. You're my mate Angelique. Maybe this is easy for you but I'm losing my mind here."

"It's not easy for me either."

"Then tell your sister. Tell your family. I don't wanna hide anymore." He says sadly. I could feel a pain in my chest that I know stemmed from him. Once again guilt takes over and I look away from his pleading eyes.

Neither of us says anything, but I can feel the tension between us now.

"I should go" he says getting up from the bed.

"Wait. Daniel" I say following in suit. He turns and gives me a hopeful look. "Just. Please stay." I beg.

Daniel sighs and looks everywhere but my own eyes. "I still have to pack. I'll see you in Alice." He says giving me a quick glance before disappearing out of the window.

I hear a car in the distance start and the sound fade down the street.

My chest ached for him. I didn't want him to go but I didn't have the balls to tell my sister the truth.

I don't deserve him. I don't deserve a mate like him. God I'm such an idiot.

"Damnit" I whisper to myself as I pace the room.

I hate myself for how much I was hurting him.

I grab my phone off the ground and send him a text.

Me: Daniel I'm really sorry. I just need time. I want to give Maya time. She's more hurt than she puts off and I don't want to make it worse.

I knew he wouldn't respond for a while since he was driving, but when 3 hours had passed and it was already passed midnight I knew I probably wouldn't get a response.