"We're begging you to hear us out." Edward said.

"We're listening," Tanya said. "We will hear it all before we judge."

"Thank you, Tanya," I said.

"We wouldn't involve you in this if we had any other choice."

We walked inside together. Bella wasn't by the front door anymore.

"I knew those werewolves were involved," Tanya muttered.

"Yes, and they're on our side. Again." I said.

My reminder silenced her.

"Where's your Bella?" Carmen asked. "How is she?"

"She'll join us shortly. She's well, thank you. She's taken to immortality with amazing finesse." Edward said.

"Tell us about the danger," Tanya said.

"We'd like you to witness for yourselves first. Listen—in the other room. What do you hear?" Edward asked.

They all stayed quiet. They were trying to hear what Edward asked.

"A witch. A werewolf, I assume. I can hear their hearts." Tanya spoke.

"What else?" Edward asked.

No one answered.

"What is that thrumming?" Kate asked. "Is that... some kind of a bird?"

"No, but remember what you're hearing. Now, what do you smell?" Edward asked.

"Besides the werewolf and myself." I said.

"Is there a human here?" Eleazar whispered.

"No," Tanya disagreed. "It's not human... but... closer to human than the rest of the scents here. What is that, Edward? I don't think I've ever smelled that fragrance before."

"You most certainly have not, Tanya." I said.

"Please, please remember that this is something entirely new to you. Throw away your preconceived notions." Edward said.

"I promised you I would listen, Edward." Tanya said.

"All right, then. Bella? Bring out Renesmee, please." Edward said.

Bella brought Nessie, and Jake was close behind her. She stopped with Renesmee, now visible to them, but she was far from them. Tanya stepped back. Eleazar was in front of Carmen, like he was protecting her.

"You promised to listen," I reminded them.

"Some things cannot be heard!" Tanya exclaimed. "How could you, Edward? Do you not know what this means?"

"We have to get out of here," Kate said.

"Edward..." Eleazar seemed beyond words.

"Wait," Edward spoke. "Remember what you hear, what you smell. Renesmee is not what you think she is."

He was looking at each of them in the eye, my persuasion since I was a witch was strong, but I'd only used it if necessary. I'd be able to convince them by only using words.

"There are no exceptions to this rule, Edward!" Tanya said.

"Tanya, you can hear her heartbeat!" I said.

"Stop and think about what that means." Edward said.

"Her heartbeat?" Carmen whispered.

"She's not a full vampire child," I said. "She is half-human."

"Renesmee is one of a kind. I am her father. Not her creator—her biological father." Edward said.

"Edward, you can't expect us to—," Eleazar started to say.