How it all began

"The story might be long, I think everybody better sit down." she spoke

"What will you tell us about, Helen?" I asked her.

"About my past, and your mother's, and your aunt's."

"Isn't your mother from the 20th century, Violet?" Edward asked me.

Before I answered him, Helen interrupted me.

"I will explain everything. But before that, I want everyone here to understand how all of us witches almost certainly believe where we came from. There were four Archangels, as everybody knows, Michael, the oldest, and theoretically the most powerful of the four, then Lucifer, the Archangel who became fallen and who did not want to follow in the footsteps of his brothers and his father, after him comes Raphael and the youngest, Gabriel, all four are sons of God. Lucifer was said to be the father's favorite, but when God asked his sons to bow down to mankind, Lucifer did not accept and so left Heaven and created Hell, and then created the other demons."

"Then the Christians were right all this time?" Carlisle asked.

"Not only the Christian one, it is believed that there is a mixture of religions." Helen said, and continued to tell the story. "There has always been a lot of rivalry between angels and demons, and in one of the wars caused by them, vampires and werewolves were created. Lucifer and the demons never liked humans, so they created the vampires and werewolves as a way to wipe out the human race. It turns out that their plan didn't work out so well, they even exterminated many populations, but the vampires and werewolves started fighting among themselves, each one thinking that they had a more important role for Hell. "

"So I was right, vampires don't have souls and are demons?" Edward asked.

"No. It is not because you were created by demons that you would be a demon too." she said. "Demons have their classifications. The king of Hell is Lucifer. His first creation was Lilith, his favorite daughter. There are the black-eyed demons, this class is the most common, they have only the basic powers of a demon. Crossroad demons have red eyes, they do not serve Hell as much as black-eyed demons, they kind of work alone, they are responsible for making offerings to people in exchange for their soul. White-eyed demons are the most powerful class of demons, the only ones I have heard of are Lilith and Alastair. The yellow-eyed demons, not much is known about them, but they are more powerful than the black-eyed demons, but less powerful than the white-eyed demons. And lastly, the "tools of Lucifer", which he created just to exterminate the human race. Vampires and werewolves are two of them. There are other tools that are also very well known. The four horsemen of the apocalypse, War, Famine, Pestilence and Death. And the seven deadly sins, Envy, Lust, Sloth, Wrath, Greed, Gluttony and Pride, although they are just black-eyed demons they have special powers."

"I can't even believe this all exists. And who prevents demons from killing humans now?" I asked.

"Well, angels, of course. Angels have always been the natural enemies of demons, they live fighting and going to war. But when they met on earth, sometimes angels and demons had relationships. For you to understand, angels and demons do not possess human bodies, for that they possess people, but the difference is that angels always ask the permission of the human they intend to possess, and when the two are in human bodies they can have children. These children are not human, but they look like humans. Children of demons and angels are witches. That is why there are either dark witches or white witches, sometimes a witch cannot control the negative power within her and becomes a dark witch. "

"It means my ancestors are angels and demons?" I asked her. "And is there a way to know which angel and demon is my ancestor?"

The entire family was shocked to know this story, for us all of this were just myths.

"Yes, you mean it. And these ancestors are closer than you think. Technically, your grandparents. You can find out using rituals or by summoning some demon that knows. Your mother even found out who her parents were. Lilith and Zacariah. Your lineage is more powerful than you think, Violet. That's why you have more difficulty than most in controlling your powers. But now that I have told you how it all began, we will move on to the story of your mother's past."