The battle and the Volturi

The instant Sapphira asked us to go, my heart soared. I had never been in a fight or any fight before, much less a battle. Sapphira and I each took a broom and she lent me her invisibility cloak. And then they were all ready to teleport over there.

When I opened my eyes again, we were in a forest near the place where thousands of deaths would take place. All of us witches were there except Jennifer, who was probably already following us from some mirror in my house. Sarah headed toward the end of the forest and the beginning of the field, where she would control the plants and trees to trap the newborns. Hagatha, Grace and Julie joined Sarah, but they were just waiting for the vampires to arrive so they could enter the field. Sapphira and I each mounted a broom and were just waiting for the right time to leave the forest. All the witches turned pale and yellow-eyed like the vampires. Then I changed our smell and now no one would notice that we weren't vampires.

Then we started to hear a lot of screaming and people running. The battle had already started. Sapphira and I gave a boost and ended up in the sky, on top of everyone else who was fighting. Hagatha, Julie and Grace ran up and joined my family, who didn't even notice that more people had joined them. The wolves came out of the other side of the forest and started attacking many of the newborns. The witches that were fighting down there started killing too. There were a lot of newborns, but we were in good numbers too.

Then I saw that Rosalie was surrounded by two newborns and was losing the fight. From under the cover, I launched fireballs at one of them, who fell on the spot and apparently died. Rose didn't have time to see who helped her, she just kept fighting. The only job of Sapphira and me was to help those who were in great danger. Grace was fighting with another newborn, and when I saw it I was about to rip its head off, when suddenly its legs were ripped off, by no one, when I remembered that it was Jennifer who had ripped it off with her voodoo.

Luckily no one needed Sapphira and me much, they were all getting along just fine. And with the wolves helping out they hardly needed us, but it's always good to have an extra number in battles like this. In the end there were no newborns left. Sapphira and I landed. All the other witches returned to normal, but I continued to leave our scent as that of the vampires. Bella and Edward joined us.

"What were you thinking, Violet? We told you to stay at home!" Rosalie spoke, almost screaming.

"I was thinking that even with the wolves help it wouldn't be enough, and I was right. If I hadn't helped you, Rose, those two newborns would've killed you."

Rose didn't say anything.

"We better get going, I feel more vampires coming, and they're not newborns." Sapphira told us. All witches left, but me.

"They are coming." Alice spoke.

"How long?" Edward asked.

"A few minutes." Alice answered.

Then a few minutes later four vampires came out of the woods.

"Welcome, Jane." Edward spoke.

The girl, Jane, was in the front. I've heard stories about her, her gift was to inflict pain in whoever she wanted. She was a blonde girl, she was thirteen at most, the boy who was behind her, Alec, her brother, looked thirteen too. I didn't recognize the other two vampires who were with them.