"I've got to drink it," she whispered. "I can do that. Practice for the future, right?"

They still haven't thought that I could alter the taste of blood, but I stayed quiet until the right time came.

"So, who's going to catch me a grizzly bear?" Bella whispered.

"If the fetus is craving blood," Edward explained. "it's not craving animal blood."

"It won't make a difference to you, Bella. Don't think about it," Rose encouraged her.

"Who?" Bella asked.

"We have blood on hand," Rose told her. "For you—just in case. Don't worry about anything at all. It's going to be fine. I have a good feeling about this, Bella. I think the baby will be so much better."

"Well, I'm starving, so I'll bet he is, too." Bella whispered.

"She." I murmured, correcting her.

Rose rolled her eyes, but deep down she knew my intuition was better than Bella's.

Carlisle and Rose went upstairs when Bella agreed. Edward kept holding Bella's hand. It hurt me seeing my favorite brother in that state, with such a dead look, he looked like he had no more energy. Rose got back and went to the kitchen.

"Not clear, Rosalie," Edward murmured, talking about the glass.

"This was your idea?" Bella whispered.

Jacob got closer to her.

"Don't blame me for this one. Your vampire was just picking snide comments out of my head." he said.

Bella smiled.

"I didn't expect to see you again." she whispered.

"Yeah, me, either," he said.

"Edward told me what you had to do. I'm sorry."

"S'okay. It was probably only a matter of time till I snapped over something Sam wanted me to do," Jake said, but when I looked in his mind, I saw he was lying, but I didn't care, he preferred not telling Bella the truth right now.

"An Seth," she whispered, looking at me.

"He's actually happy to help, even more so since it's for Violet's family."

"I hate causing you trouble."

Jake laughed.

"I guess that's nothing new, is it?" Bella said.

"No, not really." Jake and I said.

"You don't have to stay and watch this,"

Jake wouldn't leave fearing he could miss the last few moments of Bella's life.

"I don't really have anywhere else to go," he told her. "The wolf thing is a lot less appealing since Leah joined up."

That was new. Leah left Sam's pack and joined Seth and Jake to protect my family? I knew she didn't like vampires, mainly the Cullens, I think that hate only got worse once Seth imprinted on me.

"Leah?" Bella and I asked.

"You didn't tell them?" Jake asked Edward.

Edward shrugged.

"Why?" Bella breathed.

"I also wanna know why." I said.

Jake didn't seem like he wanted to tell much.

"To keep an eye on Seth." he spoke.

"But Leah hates us," Bella whispered.

"Even more now that Seth had an imprint on me." I said.

"Leah's not going to bug anyone. She's in my pack, so she follows my lead."

Jake didn't convince us.

"You're scared of Leah, but you're best buds with the psychopath blonde?"

"You know she's my sister, right?" I said.

We heard a hiss from the second floor. Rose had heard Jake.

"It literally shows, you two look almost the same, appearance only. But you're way hotter than the psycopath blonde." Jake said.

I laughed. Rose was probably shaking of madness right now, for hearing someone comparing her good looks with someone else, and someone thinking she wasn't the prettier one.

"Don't. Rose... understands." Bella whispered.

"Yeah. She understands that you're gonna die and she doesn't care, s'long as she gets her mutant spawn out of the deal."

"Jake." I warned him.

"Stop being a jerk, Jacob," Bella said.

Jake tried to smile.

"You say that like it's possible."

Bella smiled. Rose and Carlisle came. Carlisle was holding a white plastic cup in his hand, with a lid and a bendy straw. No one could see what was inside. Carlisle hesitated, the hand with the cup half-extended. Bella eyed it, looking scared.

"We could try another method." Carlisle said.

"No." she whispered. "I'll try this first. We don't have time..."

Bella reached out and grabbed the cup. She drank a little. I changed the taste of blood, so it would taste like coke.

"Bella, love—" Edward spoke.

"I'm okay... It tastes good actually." she said. "Weirdly like..."

"Coke?" I asked.

Everyone looked at me like I was insane.

"How do you know?" she asked me.

"Because I altered the taste so it tastes like coke." I explained. "Apparently everyone have forgotten I can do this."

"Thank you, Violet." she whispered.

"You don't need to thank me, Bella, you're my sister now."