Pregnancy arguments

Start from the beginning

Neither Jake nor I were understanding her.

"What are you babbling about, Bella?" I asked her.

"Edward told me once what it was like—your imprinting thing. He said it was like A Midsummer Night's Dream, like magic. You'll find who you're really looking for, Jacob, and maybe then all of this will make sense." Bella said.

I turned slightly red when Bella mentioned imprinting, she didn't know anything about what happened between Seth and I.

"Maybe Seth will be able to tell you more about imprinting..." Jake said jokingly.

"What are you talking about, Jake?" Bella asked.

Jake and glanced at each other.

"You haven't told her?" Jake asked.

"With everything that's been happening I haven't had the time to talk to her..." I answered.

"What, Violet?" Bella asked me.

I motioned to Jake so he could tell her.

"Seth had an imprint. On your wedding." Jake spoke.

"Really? On who?" Bella sounded curious.

"On me."

Bella gave a huge smile, without saying anything. We were in silence again.

"You're dying for nothing, Bella!" Jake spoke, observing Bella's state.

"I'm not going to die. I will keep my heart beating. I'm strong enough for that."

"That's a load of crap, Bella. You've been trying to keep up with the supernatural for too long. No normal person can do it. You're not strong enough." Jake said.

"I can do this. I can do this," she muttered.

"Doesn't look like it to me. So what's your plan? I hope you have one."

"Did you know Esme jumped off a cliff? When she was human, I mean." Bella said.

"So?"

"So she was close enough to dead that they didn't even bother taking her to the emergency room—they took her right around to the morgue. Her heart was still beating, though, when Carlisle found her..."

"You're not planning on surviving this human." Jake said, trying to get what she was trying to say.

"No. I'm not stupid. I guess you probably have your own opinion on that point, though.

"Emergency vampirization," I spoke.

"It worked for Esme. And Emmett, and Rosalie, and even Edward. None of them were in such great shape. Carlisle only changed them because it was that or death. He doesn't end lives, he saves them."

"Listen to me, Bells. Don't do it that way. Don't wait until it's too late, Bella. Not that way. Live. Okay? Just live. Don't do this to me. Don't do it to him. You know what he's going to do when you die. You've seen it before. You want him to go back to those Italian killers?" Jake said. "Remember when I got mangled up by those newborns? What did you tell me?"

Bella didn't answer.

"You told me to be good and listen to Carlisle. And what did I do? I listened to the vampire. For you." he reminded her.

"You listened because it was the right thing to do."

"Okay—pick either reason."

Bella took a deep breath.

"It's not the right thing now. I won't kill him."

"Oh, I hadn't heard the great news. A bouncing baby boy, huh? Shoulda brought some blue balloons." he said, sarcastically.

"I don't know he's a boy." she admitted. "The ultrasound wouldn't work. The membrane around the baby is too hard—like their skin. So he's a little mystery. But I always see a boy in my head."

I was almost sure it'd be a girl, but Bella, the stubborn little shit she is, didn't care about my witch's intuition.

"It's not some pretty baby in there, Bella." Jake spoke.

"We'll see," she said, smugly.

"You won't," Jake snarled.

He started shaking with anger.

"Jake, It's going to be okay." I said, trying to calm him down.

"No. It will not be okay. What's the deal, Bella? I thought the whole point was that you wanted your vampire more than anything. And now you're just giving him up? That doesn't make any sense. Since when are you desperate to be a mom? If you wanted that so much, why did you marry a vampire?"

"It's not like that. I didn't really care about having a baby. I didn't even think about it. It's not just having a baby. It's... well... this baby." she explained.

"It's a killer, Bella. Look at yourself."

"He's not. It's me. I'm just weak and human. But I can tough this out, Jake, I can—"

"Aw, come on! Shut up, Bella. You can spout this crap to your bloodsucker, but you're not fooling me. You know you're not going to make it."

Jake started to get to his feet.

"Where are you going?" Bella asked him.

"I don't belong here. I've got to get back."

"Will you come back again?"

"I'm not going to hang around and watch you die, Bella."

Bella nodded. I got up as well, which made Bella get cold again. The others came back when they saw Jake leaving. Rosalie was the first to get back, she stared coldly at Jake on her way to Bella, Emmett on her tracks.

At the front door were Carlisle, Esme, Edward and Jasper, I went to them when Jake was leaving, but he stopped byt the door and turned, making everyone look confused.

"Violet, I wanted to ask something." he spoke.

"Ask away." I said.

"Can't you do something about it? Potions, spells, anything?" Jake asked me.

"To kill the-" I said, but was interrupted, I was thinking he wanted me to somehow make Bella have an abortion with my powers.

"To help Bella." he said.

"Don't you think I haven't tried, Jake? I didn't find spells or potions for this sort of thing, witches have no knowledge about this either. The most I can do is avoid Bella of getting hurt."

"So please help her."

We shared glances for a few seconds, and then we hugged each other, a friendly hug, we were more than friends, we were like siblings.

"Show yourself in La Push. Seth's crazy about seeing you again."

"I will."

And then he left.