ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

aaliyah's eyes creek open, the bright sunlight shining through the thin material of the curtains. she lets out a deep sigh, and proceeds to roll over on to her side to escape the awakening light. she was never a morning person. she dreaded the morning every time she shut her eyes to sleep at night, knowing the groggy feeling she would have in just several hours.

a knock on the wooden door rings throughout the bedroom. "wilson, are you up?" a gentle, female voice calls out.

"i'm up, kennedy." aaliyah groans, rubbing the palms of her hands roughly over her closed eyelids.

"we've got a mission for you. be ready for breakfast in 5, hurley is almost done."

aaliyah's upper body springs up at the words kennedy just informed her with. "yes, ma'am." she shouts, ripping the creme colored comforter off of her body and stepping her feet onto the oak floor.

she ties her hair back before opening her closet doors, and exchanging her pajamas for suitable clothing. she grabs a navy, cia recruit, t shirt and then reaches for a pair of denim jeans. she removes her nike sweatpants, and slides the tight material of the jeans over her legs before shimmying her hips to pull the waist band over her hips. she places her arms inside the sleeves of the t shirt, and stretches the top of the shirt over her head and adjusts the bottom to fit over her toned abdomen. she pulls her hair out, that was caught under the t-shirt and checks the time on her small watch. she's got three minutes to spare.

she marches into the small bathroom, that was conjoined with her cabin-like bedroom. she retrieves the toothbrush from its righteous spot, inside of a small cup, and wets it under the sink so she can apply toothpaste to the soft bristles. she places the toothbrush inside of her mouth and begins to scrub every tooth inside of her mouth. the mint flavor of the toothpaste awakens her even more, making her gums tingle and her tastebuds dance. she spits the used toothpaste into the sink, and washes it down with the tap from the sink. she sticks her mouth next to the faucet, getting a mouthful of water so she can wash out any left over toothpaste in her mouth. she spits the murky water out before shutting off the flow of water and drying her mouth with a hand towel. she lets out a sigh, and begins to walk out of the bathroom to place shoes on her feet so she can make her way downstairs for breakfast.

a pair of black socks rests inside her black combat books. she picks up one of the socks and slides it over her left foot. she takes the bottom of her jeans and covers the fabric of the sock. she repeats the action on her right foot, and then reaches for the left combat boot. her foot fits comfortably in the boot, thanks to breaking them in for the past two months. she begins to tie the shoe laces tightly, making sure to do a nice bow at the top. she tucks the bow under the tongue of the boot, something her father always taught her. her other foot receives the same action, and she stood on to her feet. she finishes in exactly five minutes.

her bedroom door makes a gentle squeaking sound as she opens the door and shuts it behind her. her boots amplify her footsteps down the stairs. she turns her head, and sees the familiar adults that have become family to her over the past few years. she smiles to stan hurley, who had handed her a paper plate with three scrambled eggs, four slices of bacon, and two biscuits with gravy on top of it. no one could beat hurley's cooking. he was a god at it.

aaliyah opens a utensils drawer, and retrieves a fork from the plethora of others. she shuts the drawer closed with her hip, and approaches the table in front of her. she takes a seat next to kennedy, and immediately starts to indulge into the breakfast in front of her.

"we have a misson for you, wilson." stansfield announces, after swallowing his final bite of breakfast. he cleans the remaining pieces of biscuit, in between his teeth, with his tongue and sits back in his seat.