Chapter 36

Pre warning that this chapter covers some pretty heavy stuff. Potential trigger warnings for heavy drug use & mention, withdrawals and mental health issues.

Ps, things get a little complicated / juicy in this chapter. Who doesn't love a bit of drama?

CALLUX.

Two weeks. It had been two weeks since Italy, and things had gone to complete shit. Time usually went pretty fast for me - I was always surrounded by my best mates, always filming, out experiencing exciting adventures. But for the first time in my life, time had never moved slower.

It felt like I was experiencing my own personal nightmare every single day, one after the other. Harry was barely ever home, and if he was, he was either off his face, or sleeping the previous day off. He wasn't listening to me, or anyone else. And by that, I meant Tobi and Ethan, the only two that were talking to him.

No one else knew. Ethan had persuaded me not to tell Eddie. He wasn't her problem anymore, why should she have to clean up after his mess?

No, that was my job, even if I was completely shit at it. I was trying my best.

Which brought me to today, the sixth of September. Simon's birthday was tomorrow, Josh's had been a few days ago. Harry had missed it, as had I. He'd had a bad night when he'd stumbled into our apartment and I'd spent the whole time making sure he didn't choke in his sleep.

Harry was crashing at Freezy's place tonight - another thing that had apparently changed now. Those two were back to being the best of friends, although I wasn't entirely sure if it was just because of what Harry was taking. Maybe it clouded his judgement.

My apartment was clear, however, and I had agreed to letting Eddie over for a couple of hours. She was helping me set up something for a video I was recording in the morning, and I hadn't seen much of her since coming back from her birthday trip. Text messages just weren't the same as actually hanging out.

I cleaned the living room, tidying away and hiding all traces of evidence that Harry had been here recently - she didn't need the reminder, and definitely not the stress that came with knowing he was self destructing. I'd become accustomed to it now, but Eddie? I feared it would hurt her in more ways than I'd like to imagine.

To my knowledge, Eddie had been kept busy by Dylan and Freya. She seemed to be alright, coping well enough for now which satisfied me. It was better than her moping around, feeling sorry for herself and being upset about Harry, that was for sure.

I almost didn't hear the knock at the door being so far inside my own mind, but I managed to pull myself out, welcoming her in. She looked well enough, her smile almost genuine.

I gave her a hug, my grip loose so she could wiggle out of it whenever she wanted. It lasted pretty long though, and I think it was something she needed.

"How've you been?" I ask, pulling away, moving out of the way and shutting the door behind us.

"Alright, actually. Yeah, I've been busy with Freya, her and Talia have tried inviting me over pretty much every day," she laughs, hauling her bag onto the countertop. "Dylan and Sam have been doing the same, I think Sam has just subconsciously moved into our apartment now, I almost feel like I'm third wheeling."

"You could never third wheel. You guys come as a package," I reassure her.

"You'd be surprised. They almost never kiss in public, but in the apartment they're all over each other. You literally have to peel them apart, it's awful," she giggles, shaking her head.