"God I cant believe that we are grown, can you?" Mia questioned me, staring at me with wide eyes but all I could see was the picture in front of me, looking at the tattoo placed just in the out of my elbow, the matching with my father, all for my mother.

Mia noticed me staring at the photo, knowing that I was very focused on the picture in front of me, already knowing what I was thinking.

"She would be proud of you Els, just like how we all are." She smiled, hugging me lightly from the side before Caleb came and scooped me up, swinging me around so my legs went side to side around his torso.

Laughter filled the air as he walked me toward the football field from the parking lot, my eyes falling on Ryder as he watched me from behind, looking at me like I truly was the only girl in the world.

He mouthed that he loved me, quickly picking up the pace because he knew in any minute Caleb would drop me on the floor and knowing me I wouldn't be able to land properly and end up buying myself.

Last calls for the ceremony were being called, the four of us rushing seeing as for some reason we all managed to be late on the most important day of our teenage lives.

Caleb dropping me into Ryder's arms, my body falling roughly before I calmed myself enough to stand on my own, stilling my body as I stared around the field, taking in the the that I was in fact growing up, living my life.

I grabbed Ryder face in my hands harshly, bringing his lips down to mine as our lips became one, meshing in front of the crowd of hundred on thousands of people, kissing each other like it was going to be the last.

Whistles erupted, claps, and calls from the principle telling everyone to take their seat and stop causing a ruckus.

I broke away from him, giggling before pressing another kiss to his cheek before spinning on my heels away from his direction, toward the 'very important person' section, watching as my father stood up smiling watching me run toward him.

"I love you Ella Mali!" Ryder shouted causing my head to turn lightly as he stared at me with a shit eating grin, the cheers erupting again as he shouted that he loved me over and over again until our history teacher had to very much so grab him and take him to his own seat.

I smiled, laughing as I ran toward my father, pushing past the crowds of people before throwing myself in my fathers arms, needing one last hug before I do this, prove to everyone I could do it just like I promise my mom on my first day of kindergarten.

"What are you going to do when you grow up flower?" My mother asked me gingerly, brushing my curls out of my face as I stared into her blue orbs with a gleaming smile.

"Make you proud mamma!" I gleamed, twisting my body back and forth as she giggled, waiting for me to elaborate, but for a 5 year old that would be difficult.

"How flower?"  My father asked, kneeling down so all three of us eye level, smiling as I stood in my white cap and gown getting ready to head yet kindergarten.

"Welllll..." I dragged out, smiling widely at my parents, my mom in particular. "I'm gonna graduate every school ever, make you proud."

"You promise flower?" She asked with as serious of. tone she could muster, but she couldn't actually take me seriously, she was too focused on how sick she was going to be soon and how much she loved me in this moment.

"Of course I do!"

I nuzzled my body deeper into my fathers arms, holding him tightly as I took in the moment, took in the purity of the moment that I'm having, finally feeling a sense of my life being predictable after all the unpredictable events happening to me through my whole life, the last few months in particular.

"You ok flower?" He asked sweetly, slightly pushing me back to take a look at my face, lightly brushing my hair out of my face to take a clear look and wipe my tears.

"Just need that." I spoke honestly, placing my body back down on the floor before, slightly pulling away from my father so I could head back to the main part of the field to my seat.

"Where are you going?" My father teased, smiling at me as I turned lightly to see the expression on his lips.

"I have a promise to keep." I winked with a smile before walking toward the rest of my senior class waiting on the football field.

"Go make her even prouder flower!"

"Of course I will!"

Officially marking today as the day I grow up, move on, finally make good on my promise, it's the start to my unpredictable life.

a short little epilogue for you, a longer one coming a few days....

this was bittersweet because i graduate high school this friday soooo

hope you enjoyed ;)