1

hello quick note!
this was my first ever fanfic/book i've ever written, so it did take me a while to find my writing style and even now it's not completely perfect

give my book a chance pls :,)
the first few chapters are a bit rough but i can assure you they get much better as the time goes on.

that is all, if you choose to stick around please enjoy the book, i love it with all my heart

with that I give you unpredictable ...

El-

"There she is!"

I stopped, knowing damn well when I turned around who I would see. So my brilliant self fumble with my keys, trying to make it look as though I was busy. I slowly turned around half expecting no one to be waiting for me. Yet I was met inches away from the one and only Ryder Hemmings.

"Why have you been avoiding me El?" he spoke softly, his lips inches away from my face.

"It's not avoiding." I stated backing away, attempting to move around him. "Why is it that you are so concerned?" I asked simply well lifting my head to look up at him. Though I'm around 5'10 on a good day, he was significantly taller than me, 6'3 at best.

I could feel his body move slightly closer to mine. Lowering his gaze to meet my own, his blue eyes deepened. The look in his eyes was almost deadly, scaring me yet somehow making me feel safe. Without our gaze breaking, I could feel his hands begin to snake around my waist, slowly pulling me closer to him. His lips hung dangerously close to my own, my mind running a million miles per minute.

"You know your the worst liar of any of us." he scoffed.

Breaking my gaze I pressed both my hands firmly against his chest pushing him off, knowing damn well he was just trying to get me worked up. Which he was good at.

"You know that isn't true, Mia can't lie for shit! How else do you think Uncle Mikey found out the four of us got so drunk we crashed his car?"

Before he could answer I heard the lock twist and my creaky front door began to open.

"El I thought you left for school earlier than this normally?" a deep voice croaked out.

"Dad good morning! Um I do normally but -"

I was frantically searching for a response, even though I could tell my dad just woke up and wouldn't remember a single word I said, I couldn't bring myself to lie to him. He just got back from the European leg of the tour and was so excited to see me, I wouldn't ruin that for either of us.

"It's my fault Mr. Hood, I promised I would walk her to school and I was running late as always." Ryder spit out so quickly hoping to remove us both from the situation, but the sound of his voice was enough to bring my dad to life.

"Ryder. I'm glad your looking out for her, but we talked about this, didn't we?" my dad practically hissed.

My dad and Ryder have a colorful history to say the least. Uncle Luke is my dads' best friend, but when Ryder tried to take me out freshman year and then stood me up, twice. My dad didn't care who's kid he was.

"Yes Mr. Hood, but with you gone I just wanted to make sure she was safe and not alone." Ryder spat back in return.

"You know what, I think I'm going to take the car today if that's ok with you dad?" I frantically search his eyes for a response. I was answered by him turning around yanking the keys off the rack then continuing to step outside slamming the door behind him.

"I think I'll drive you to school today Ella." he stated as he pushed between Ryder and myself, walking away from the house in slippers and sweats as he unlocked the car motioning me to follow.

"I'll see you later" I whispered to Ryder as I sprinted to car, afraid of what as to come next.

----

"Ryder Hemmings. Ryder Goddamn Hemmings!" My dad's voiced boomed through the car, followed by complete silence. I just stared at him, I missed him so much and his first day back I fuck it up.

His chest raised and lowered, letting out a loud sigh before speaking.

"El, I'm not mad. I could never be mad at you, especially not because of him." He said rather sympathetically. "I just know he's not what's best for you."

"I'm not with him dad, you should know that. I see him at school, on holidays, and whenever we go somewhere with the band. That's it." I said rather low, turning away from him to face the window.

We stayed silent for a while, just listening to the radio so low it was almost inaudible. He pulled in to my school, some special place that we all went to. We are all here either because our parents are successful or because the kids are gifted.

He slammed the brakes as he spun into the parking spot, sending me flying froward. I slam back against the seat as he hit his hands on the steering wheel, slowing turning to me.

"Ella I love you more than you could ever know. I'm sorry." He looked up with sad eyes as he put the car in park.

I reached for the handle, opening the door. "Dad you never have to apologize. I missed you, I'll see you later."

I reached over and gave him a small peck on the check, slowly sliding out of the car, slamming the door behind me. I wanted to turn around, to send him a small smile of reassurance but I was met by his the sound of his tires skidding away.