8

El-
Mia, again is telling me about her boy of the week or should I say lack there of.

Since her dad is home, she is spending all her time with him. Which isn't the problem.

The problem is we have been out fo school for a week and she hasn't been out to any parties, any shopping, or anything for that matter.

So today, she's revved and ready to find someone at the mall today.

"I just don't get it, there is not a single cute boy at this mall, what the hell!"

"Mia maybe your just looking at the wrong places, we've only been to victoria secret and baby gap." I wouldn't say i'm irritated at this point but i'm irritated at this point.

Aunt Crystal is having another baby, a boy. We are all beyond excited for him, his name is going to be Arthur.

It is a rather large gap between us and him but all our parents had us relatively young.

"Ok fine, let's go into zumiez or something." She basically ran ahead of me going straight into the store.

We entered the store with all the eyes on us, and suddenly I couldn't find Mia anymore.

It was for the best I think. We were Christmas shopping for our family.

We have a rule in our family when it comes to Christmas. Each kid gives one gift to each other and one gift to the adults.

This doesn't go for individual families just the band as a whole. So I basically only give all the uncles one gift and all cousins one gift.

I was looking for Caleb and Ry's gifts. I already had Mia's. She is always telling me about her rings or lack there of.She wanted to have rings like mine since the dawn of time.

That was always my thing, my jewelry.

I have a million rings and necklaces but I never switch them out, my iconic pieces stay on me all the time.

So I got her a whole ring set. I individually picked out every single one.

A ruby set in silver, a knotted heart, a silver thumb ring, Leo zodiac consultation band, and lastly a matching 'pray' ring with me.

Now i'm stuck with the boys. The legit worst people to shop for.

Caleb is the pickiest, don't wear the clothes you buy, or shoes, refuses to just have gift card but hates jewelry.

Ryder and I always kinda had the best gifts but the past few years it's just been the same old gifts in different colors.

"There you are!" I head Mia squeal out with nothing but happiness in her voice !

She looked messy, her hair in all directions and her lipstick smeared.

"God Mia! In the dressing room?!" I whispered yelled.

All she could do was smile. God sometimes I didn't know what went through her head.

"Oh come on Miss Mama it was Jake!" Again squealed in excitement.

Jake. The closest thing she's ever had to a boyfriend. They had been hooking up or something for the last four years. She cares about him so much but he doesn't always feel the same.

I don't share in her enthusiasm and she can tell.

"Ella. You know how I feel. Why can't"

I interrupted her.

"Be happy for me." I groaned out

"Now you know how I feel when i'm telling you about Ryder."

"Ella, I'm sorry but he's not good for you."

"Oh come on Mia like Jake it! You feel emotionally attached to him because he was your first." I whispered but loud enough to where she looked around and dragged me out of the store.

"Ella!" She hissed. "At least Ive slept with someone!"
I gasped. I wasn't hurt but she had never stooped so low!

I just walked away, I wasn't gonna do this.

"Ella wait! Please!"

She knew she didn't hurt me but she sure pissed me off. Although I guess I did provoke her.

—-
I have now wondered in and out of stores. I ended up finding Caleb something.

He had gone on and on about the 70's converse that I have, but he only wears black and grey shoes.
So I grabbed him two pairs of 70's chucks for him.

I haven't found Mia but i'll find her eventually, I'm here ride home. I walked around aimlessly, munching on a pretzel. Going in and out of stores.
I had already gotten all my Uncles and Aunts presents. Each one something special. I was always known as the best gift giver in the family.

My dad was the easiest to shop for. I got him new shoes, some stuff for tour, in ears, and ordered a sick ass custom bass.

Ryder was the only one I couldn't figure out.

"Hey.." Mia was now behind me, she sounded sad.

"Ready to go?" She just nodded before we walked out.

—-
We made it home. We were perfectly fine before I dropped her off at her house.

I parked my car, grabbing the bags, and headed inside.

"Dad I'm home!" I dropped my keys and bags before scoping up duke.

"Dad?"

Before I knew it Uncle Ash came running down the stairs.

"What ya get girlfriend?" he was starting to pull my bags apart and peek.

"Oh hell no, nothing for you!" I laughed, snatching all the bags up and away from him.

As I said, me and him are best friends.

I started running up the stairs with him following, KayKay was screaming something about winning the game.

Then my father comes out with googles and a nerf gun shooting me, who was supposed to be Uncle Ash.

"God Ash you used my own daughter as a shield!"

My dad yelled before coming in to shield me, pulling me into my room.

"Calum Thomas Hood!" Aunt Kaykay yelled well sounding as if she was going to pee.

"Ok Ella, here's the plan. Don't allow anyone in or out of this room. I will hide in the closet and when the signal is clear you open the door and drive move behind the bed. Got it?"

"Dad don't you-" I was interrupted.

"Got it El?"

I nodded in response. Oh dear God how is this my family.

My father ran into the closet and giving me a thumbs up before shutting the door.

I followed the plan by which I was met with a Kay Kay and Ashton waiting like puppies. My dad
jumped out, threw me a nerf gun, and let's just say we won.

We did this for what seemed like ages until Caleb called because penny threw up all over the kitchen and he didn't want to clean it.

They left and my father and I hung out for the rest of the night.

We watched Mamma Mia, made popcorn, and he let me paint his finger nails!

It was around 1 in the morning, my father now asleep on the couch, I'm barely able to keep my eyes open.

I tucked him in, made a place for duke next to him, and headed upstairs.

I made my way to the bathroom, got my face washed and teeth brushed. Very unattractively placed my retainer in.

Straight teeth is only a blessing because for 2 years of braces unfortunately.

I laid down, allowed my mind to travel places, slowly closing my eyes until my phone rang.

I didn't even look at the name and just answered the phone.

"Hello?" My voice was groggy, very low.

"Ella. I need you." a drunken Ryder slurred out.