12

"It doesn't make sense-"

"Boun-"

"He's a fucking boy! But with a uterus! If it was a case of hermaphroditism, he'd have ovaries along with his uterus"

"Boun."

"-but this is not the case, there are no ovaries, no other female reproductive organs besides the uterus- but that doesn't make sense, he's a boy! He's got a prostate! But- fuck, his uterus, an incomplete hermaphrodite, possibly but he's lining is perfectly, growing-"

Smack!

That did the trick, it made Boun's left cheek turn slightly crimson but hey, it stopped. Boun had shut up from his medical man rambling when Prem's palm hit his cheek. Well, that wasn't the first time it happened and the other occasion happened because of a completely different reason with a totally different context.

"Thanks, I needed that" the doctor with brown eyes and bleached hair said, rubbing his sore cheek.

"You're welcome" Prem replied sitting back down, "now, calmly repeat the gibberish you said with Thai please."

Perth leaned in from where he was sitting, his eyes shifted from the monitor (which was showing grayish matter with a thin line - a uterus - inside Son's body) and back to Boun, who now, looked rather excited because of this discovery.

"Well, you can see here, Prem, Perth, this" he pointed to the grayish matter, "the fundus and all complete, uterine lining - where implantation occurs in conception - but the thing is, that's all there is. A uterus, with an os opening into part of his rectum, if I'm correct and that's the thing. He only has a uterus. Only a part of a female reproductive system."

Prem raised a brow, confused, not too clear as he wasn't someone familiar with such terms or situation for that matter (he's a painter for fuck's sake) but Perth on the other hand nodded (like he was focusing on a class or a lecture) urging Boun to continue.

"His lining- they aren't thin which meant it's growing, like a woman after her menstruation- but that could only happen if the woman has the ovaries and he, he doesn't. It doesn't explain why his lining is still forming, it could be of external source-"

"It doesn't make him entirely a hermaphrodite?" Perth spoke, brows furrowing to the centre in concentration, trying to recall the he went through with Dr. Peazer. She was always a little eccentric that professor, her thoughts must be wild.

"It might not be natural at all. Someone... could've opened him up and placed the uterus there, probably placing the external source of such hormones somewhere else probably under his skin or I don't know, I need to run a few more tests to confirm."

There was that sudden cliché eerie silence along with the rising of goosebumps hearing those words coming out of Boun's mouth. Perth didn't know which was more disturbing that Son had a functioning (though not complete) female reproductive system of his own or the fact that someone had cut him open, placing that thing inside of him, turning him into some sort of their sick experiment.

"I am their experiment, Perth."

All this while, while the three older lads were busy discussing on Boun's findings, Son sat on the bed, playing with his fingers and biting his lower lip. He looked over at Perth, not really digesting what he was saying but he sounded serious. Son hoped it wasn't his fault everyone was slightly raising their voice. His eyes went from each lad, Perth, Prem and Boun before landing onto the screen. He lifted his upper body up with his arms trying to get a good picture of what Boun had froze on, it seemed rather different than the one he saw the last time those doctors at that damned place did on him.