𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾

"Kai, what do you said just now?" my stern voice wake Kai from his sleepiness. "I did not call you Shin'ichi. No, I didn't mean that! No, really." he is panicking. I rose from my position which is crunching down beside the sofa. "If you love Shin'ichi that much, you should save him not me." I walk away.

   Kai jump out of the sofa and trying to hold into my hand but I push him away, leaving him stupidly there, not before putting the bug on his shirt. "Yer did it again Kai." Heiji said. "He just remind me of Shin'ichi, I might or might not just accidentally thought he is him sometime." Kai groans.

   "Who's this Shin'ichi you're talking about?" Shin'ichi asked. They sit on the coach and Heiji began to talk. "Ya' see, Kai and Shin grow up together with their other childhood friends, one of them named Shin'ichi. That's what they once told me. Kai here and Shin'ichi really close to each other as they r' both going to be a steward when they reach their teens." looking sadly at the others, he stop talking.

  "Kai here really like Shin'ichi but one day, in their mansion, a fire broke down. That time— Shin can't walk that time due to the burn on his leg. Then, Shin'ichi carry Shin halfway to the door. It is a pity thay the pillar fall off and hit Shin'ichi, it got both of them really bad."

  "Kai then trying to save Shin'ichi when he find them but that time, Shin'ichi begs Kai to save Shin because Shin is unconscious. That's why Kai save Shin. However, I guess Shin blame himself for Shinichi's death."

   "Well, Shin actually really rich and he just sad that even with that large amount of money he can't buy Kai's heart." Heiji stop talking. Kai sighs. "If you really like Shin'ichi, why are you ki– kissing Edogawa-kun?" Ran asks defensively.

   "I guess, because his hardwork. Although he's airhead, too timid and a bit shy. He just kind and soft. Every time I see him, I wanted to protect him. When with Shin'ichi, I know that Shin'ichi can protect himself, I can trust Shin'ichi with my life. But, with Shin, it feel different. I feel like if he die, I might lost half of my own life." Kai sighs.

  "I really like Shin'ichi but I love Shin a lot. However, Shin never know these. It kind of scared me if he thinks I am using him." Kai sighs. "Yer should be brave and go talk to him." Heiji said again. "This Shin'ichi must be someone important to you that you keep remembering him but you have to appreciate the one beside you."

   Kai smiles and nod. "I will go and talk with Shin. Thank you Heiji, Mouri-chan, Kudō, Kazuha, Suzuki-san, Nakamori-chan and Kuroba." he runs toward our room.

   "Shin." he call out to me when entering the room. "Your act are superb. I almost fall for it." I smile. "I know that it is an act, but whatever I said about in love with you is true." he said seriously. "Thank you KID. I too, wish that I could say the same." both of us look away.

   "There is nothing straining you from saying so. Why?" he looks at me questioningly. "There are lots of things happening. I don't want to said things that could be use as my weakness soon." I plodded on the bed ungracefully.

   "Are you implying that if we can bring down the organization, if the cost is my life, you're going to let me die?" I startle. "There is no way I would!" he grins at me before laughing. "I know that baka."

   I sigh for the umpteenth time. "Would you though? Let me die to reach our goal?" his smiles disappear. "I would, that's why Shin'ichi when that time come. Just kill me." his cheshire grin make it is known.

   "The face you're using now don't suit your KID's grin." Kai look at me with puppy eyes. I ignored him for the night and both of us fall asleep— just kidding. In the middle of night, I open my eyes and look at the raise and fall of his chest.

   Smiling, I brush a kiss on his forehead. "I love you Kuroba Kaito, I know deep down you hope that you're not entangled in this. I know you wish I am still the same Kudō Shin'ichi. I don't deny I wish that you're the same Kuroba Kaito too but the one I fall in love with is you, the you that become KID and the you that willing to kill for me."

   I snuggle, putting my face on his chest. "I don't regret it Kai, losing my identity for people that die in the past. Since we have come this far, let not be each other weaknesses." I try not to cry because of this. "Please allow me this moment of weaknesses. I wanted to be able to love you but the organization would thought of you as my weakness or me as yours."

   Hiccupping, I felt he tightening the hug and snuggled closer. "Stupid phantom. Just realized it already that we are always being watched. Or are you just acting like not to?"

   "If you want to talk about your paranoia, tell it to my face, awake, not my sleeping face. Yareyare meitantei, have you fallen in a rut or what." he said, whispering above my head. "I don't want to. I don't want to talk to you since it is scary. I don't even know who I am but you have never lose your essence."

   Suddenly he cups my face. "Listen here. Just few years. We will proceed to our next stage. They might be watching us, might though we will be each other obstacle, but worry not because we will win." he kiss me softly, sweetly and lovingly.

   "This world is our stage. Crime scenes is my stage, KID's heist is your stage in the past but we have everything in order to our need and we use this world to set up our own act now. The world is gonna burn." I see the glint of the man I always admire in his eyes for once but it vanished and replaced by the man I am willing to die for now.

  "I guess running and crying never suit me. I love you KID, let's burn the world." he smiles at me. That night, those paranoid and disturbing though have been push away. Let's burn the world for our victory.

–𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝–