19 | Another shot

Comincia dall'inizio

He nodded.

"I'll be back in a few hours to pick them up."

"And if they ask who it's for?" 

She sighed again. "If you must, tell them Fyrefox is in need of it," she told him as she turned to leave.

"Fyrefox..." he whispered. "No way! No- You can't be-"

"Maybe, maybe not," she threw over her shoulder and winked playfully. "Never said it was me." And with that, she disappeared into the shadows of Knockturn Alley.

*               *               *

"Potter!" Sharp called from his office but didn't stay long enough to see if Harry would come before disappearing into his office.

Harry frowned, looking at Ron standing beside him. "What do you think that's about?"

Ron shrugged. "Guess you'll find out." He started to turn away but Harry grabbed his arm and steered him towards Sharp's office. Jack was fast asleep in one of the chairs, his feet propped on the desk, arms crossed and his chin on his chest.

"Late night?" Harry asked, eyebrows raised.

Sharp shot him a look.

"I'm awake." Jack's eyes snapped open, and he looked towards the two men, his dark eyes focusing on them.

Sharp sat in his chair and started ruffling through papers. "Come in and shut the door. Hurry." He rushed.

"What's the rush?" Ron asked, closing the door behind them. "And with all this secrecy?"

"I received an anonymous tip about Fyrefox." Sharp got right to the point.

"Whaaaat?" Jack's jaw dropped as he shot up in his chair. "When?"

"When?" Ron asked as well.

Harry stared, and when his brain kicked into gear, he asked, "From who?" Ginny. Bloody hell. This was bad.

Ron snorted. "It's anonymous, Harry. He doesn't know." Ron rolled his eyes. "Obviously."

Harry shot him a glare.

Sharp crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair. "I received two actually," he said. "The Department of Magical Law Enforcement received some intel, but I actually got information from my source in Kockturn Alley about Fyrefox." 

Harry's heart clenched. Two tips? Was Ginny getting sloppy? She lasted years, but why now? He thought about the two parchments.

"My guy said Fyrefox is looking for blueprints," Sharp continued.

Blueprints? What the hell is she thinking?

"Why would he need- What do you think he's up to?" Ron asked, frowning. "He just robbed the Ministry. Why would he need blueprints?"

"He's obviously not done," Sharp said.

Harry gulped and licked his lips. "Is the information reliable?"

Ginny wouldn't be so stupid to try to move now. Fyrefox is front-page news, even if the public didn't know who was behind the theft of the Golden Unicorn Horn. She had to know it would be stupid to pull a job now. She should be lying low. What was she thinking?

"Yes, it's reliable. I believe my source sent a tip to the Department because I couldn't be reached right away." Sharp tapped his fingers against the desk. "I was... busy but as soon as I got free, I got the message."