CHAPTER 16

Chapter 16
Grip

The horn was blown once again. The speaker made another commentary as we all dawned to our perspective in this very game. One must die and one must level up. And one is waiting for me at the side to comeback to her. She's enduring the sting of pain... for me.

I prepared my bow for the fight and took an arrow from my back. I innocently position it on the bow, I was still figuring it out when Lira infront of me laugh, like she had been watching me.

"Seryoso ka, Gerrie? Gan'yan kaba katanga?" I look at her, guessing her action. She lazily curled her hair with her finger. "Akala ko dati chismis lang, mukha ngang totoong kahihuyan ka sa mga Trewl." I watch her glance at the audience. "Too bad I'll add more on your shame infront of the whole Peta." She shook her head in dismay. "Is your brain really working? How can you use archery if you suck on — what. the. hell!"

None of the crowd expect that I'll pull the first string. She gasp for air as her arm bleed from my attack. Eyes about to pop out from the burning pain. My expression stay still. Kumpara nga saakin, mabilis ang kilos ni Lira, sinentro ko ang pana kanina sakan'yang dibdib, pero naka-ilag siya kahit pa 'di niya ako napansin. I heave and took another arrow. Then I have to make more strikes.

Her eyes lit up fire. She force the arrow out of her skin, she loudly scream and almost cry in vain. I didn't care at all. I walk slowly toward her who slowly regaining her conscious. "Soo you're really trying hard to win?" I nod and pointed my arrow at her, she move quickly and run away from that spot. I expected it so I stop stretching the bow, she glared at me. "I've been on war, not a woman like you could bring me down."

"I'm not a just a woman." She grin.

"Really?" I saw her drank a pill— drug. I knew it.  It's a painkiller and a stamina stimulator that she always had, it'll brought her back to her natural state... and drives her crazy like an energized tiger. Kumpara sa katawan ko at pana, wala akong panama sa droga niya.

I need a well plan, attack to win and comeback to Vira. However, by looking at her, I have no access to bring her down that easily. My arrow won't pierced straight toward her heart, she'll have time to avoid since she's on high.

"I'll win... I'll be the first ever woman to bring death to a Trewl!"

Gusto ko man lumayo dahil 'di ako magaling sa combat, gagawa at gagawa ng paraan ang utak ni Lira para makalapit saakin. Dito siya magaling, ang pwersahin ang katawan ng kalaban, dahil para sakan'ya kahit pa maglaban kami nang malapitan, walang apekto ang bawat hampas o saksak ko, patay na ang pakiramdam nito, wala akong makitang pagtalon sakan'ya kundi ang puntiryahin ang puso mismo.

Paniguradong mawawalan agad ito ng hininga kahit walang maramdamang sakit, bibigay ang katawan niya. Ngunit paano ko siya masasaksak?

"Kilala kita nakipaglaban Gerrie," usal nito habang papalapit saakin. Aangat angat ang labi dahil sa tuwa. Nawala nanaman siya sa sarili. "Alam ko ang bawat kahinaan mo sa katawan." Humugot ako ng hangin saka siya sinulubong sa gitna. "Matapang ka narin?"

"You're strong, but it doesn't mean that you'll always win," I remark. "You're powerful but it doesn't mean I'm weak."

Tumango siya at nilanghap ang simoy. I know it's now starting. "Let's see then." Shuriken! Ang bilis niyang nakuha 'yon sa bulsa at binato saakin, nakita ko pang kuminang ang patalim patungo saakin, agad akong gumulong sa entablado paalis doon. Pag-upo ko at pag-angat ng ulo, 'di ko inasahan ang pagsipa niya saakin.

Dumadaing akong bumagsak sa lapag, pagtungkod ko ng kamay ay tumulo ang dugo mula saaking ilong. Para akong nalulunod sa pagbulwak nito. Ngunit walang oras para sa pag-iyak, umabante ako para tumakbo— ngunit.