15

CHAPTER XV:

❄︎ STORIES ❄︎

"Throughout everything, only one really listened"
___________

I woke up and got ready for another training day. I had changed into a magenta top, black jeans, and a black leather jacket. After I was ready, I still had time before I had to leave so I made myself hot cocoa.

"Oh!" Bloom exclaimed as if she was surprised to see her suite-mate in the suite.

"That's a mysterious book you're holding there," I told her, looking at the ancient hardcover. "Why are you up so early?"

"Just wanted a head start," she replied with a shrug. "I'll, um, see you later."

I watched as she walked away. I shook off the feeling I was getting. Then, the door to Musa and Terra's room opened and Musa had come out.

"So, it's just us now," said Musa. "Would you like to tell me why you feel so guilty?"

"What?"

"You're the one who broke into the prison, aren't you?" Musa asked. "I'm not going to tell you all the reasons why I think that was a bad idea. I'm sure you know them yourself."

I sighed. She was reading me anyway. I couldn't hide anything from her.

"Fine... Yeah, I did... "

"Why? I know you were friends with her, but – she's the one who's never judged you?" she finished after interpreting my emotions. "You know, you could have told us about what happened first."

"Are you serious?" I laughed. "Do you know how judgmental Aisha is? You see what she's doing, she's always disapproved about how Bloom goes about things."

"But you didn't go there to break her out, did you?" she questioned.

"No," I said. "No, she, um... " I let out a breath of air and continued. "She knows something. I don't know if it's true, but... "

"What is it?" Musa asked.

I sighed again, heading to the couches. After a moment, I spoke up, "She, uh, she says Silva killed our dad – Sky's dad."

"That can't be true then," Musa said immediately after. "She's messing with you."

"You didn't see Silva's reaction when I asked him about it," I told her defensively. "Maybe he had his reasons, but what matters is he lied about it. And – and what if he wasn't this great war hero and all this pressure that's been put on me and Sky...

"I just wanted more answers. Beatrix is the only one who actually might be telling the truth. She seems to be about one of the few who care."

"Isn't Riven a part of those few people?" Musa questioned. "Look, I know it all. It's obvious. You two care for one another, and it's not like a brotherly-sisterly kind of deal."

"He kissed Beatrix," I muttered, looking away from her.

"That doesn't matter," said Musa. "He likes you. I'm a Mind Fairy. I can read his emotions when he's around you."

"That makes it worse... " I trailed off. "When I went to see Beatrix, Riven caught me. He was trying to stop me. We had a brief moment where we, uh, we kissed."

Musa smiled.

"Yeah, don't look too happy now," I told her before saying, "After that, I used a potion to knock him out... He probably hates me now."