09

CHAPTER IX:

❄︎ NIGHTMARE ❄︎

"So I ran. That's all I could do"

___________

Fairies

Stella had woken from the cold temperature, and when she opened her eyes, she stared in shock. Most of the room was covered in frost spreading in many directions. It was snowing and the air felt to be less than thirty degrees. When she looked at Demi, she seemed unaffected, but she was shaking her head, muttering words.

Stella hurried out of her room, closing the door behind her to prevent the frost from spreading further. She knocked on both Bloom and Aisha's door and then Terra and Musa's.

"What is it?" Musa asked sleepily. "Princess can't sleep?"

"I'd say something, but we've got bigger problems," Stella said.

The others raised their eyebrows, wondering what could be so important that they had to be awoken in the middle of the night.

"I think something's happening to Demetrie."

"What do you mean?" Bloom asked, looking at their door.

"It's better I show you," she said. "Um... might want to light a heat source, Bloom."

Stella opened the door and Bloom lit a fire in the palm of her hands. Instantly, the girls crossed their arms and rubbed their hands together from the cold.

"Musa, can you feel what she's feeling?" Terra asked, seeing the distress she was in.

Musa nodded, her eyes glowed violet, and she said, "Pain... anger... heartache... as if someone died."

"We should get Silva or Sky?" Stella said, leading the way out of the room.

"Something tells me Sky's the best option," Musa spoke.

"All right," said Stella. "Musa and Terra, go to his dorm – second floor, third door on the left. Aisha and I will see if Sky went to his midnight training session. Bloom, stay here and try to keep the room warm, but don't burn our suite down?"

Bloom rolled her eyes, and the other girls gave her a sympathetic look before they left. Terra and Musa had gone to the dorms and Aisha and Stella to the training grounds, then the locker rooms. Inside, Aisha and Stella found Sky who was getting ready to leave.

"Perfect," said Stella.

"What are you two doing here?" Sky asked.

"Emergency," Stella answered. "It's your sister, or whatever your relationship is."

Riven, Musa, and Terra got there first. Once he saw what was happening, he had gone to the counter in the kitchen, but he couldn't find what he was looking for.

"You've got to be shitting me," he muttered. "Does anyone have hot chocolate?"

"Hot chocolate?" Bloom questioned, confused. "Why— "

"It calms her," Musa realized.

"Have none of you tried waking her?" asked Riven.

"We've tried, but nothing helps," Bloom said. "I've tried banging pots and pans and, like, every alarm on my phone. Her body temperature is freakishly cold. I have frostbite."

"I'll see if the cafeteria has hot chocolate?" said Musa, leaving.

"And I'll go to the greenhouse," said Terra. "My dad must have something that can wake her."