"I know." I whispered smiling at Sasha.

Sasha had climbed into our bus seat suddenly and was the only reason I had made any sort of noise since Garroth had fallen asleep.

"Look." Sasha's smile faded and she turned her phone around for me to see.

I looked down at it, reading the text messages. The name on the top of the screen was Gene's. I ignored the messages on the top as it said they were from months ago. The last one, though, read.

Let me know when Y/N decides to tell Garroth about our little deal.

I looked up at her.

"What do I say?" She asked, a worried expression glued to her face.

"Don't say anything. Leave him on read." I said.

"Leave who on opened?" Garroth mumbled.

I turned my head to look at him although it was nearly useless.

"Nobody." I said.

"That's not very nice." He said lifting his head and looking lazily over at Sasha.

Sahsa shrugged most likely wishing she could tell Garroth she had been talking about Gene and didnt really care if her actions weren't very nice.

"My neck hurts." Garroth whined sitting up straight and leaning back making space between us.

"I wonder why?" I said turning to look back at him. He leaned his head against the bus seat again and closed his eyes.

I turned back to Sasha who made frightened eyes at me and motioned her hands wildly towards her phone. I made the same face back and shrugged at her. She pursed her lips at me and narrowed her eyes, she blew air out of her nose. She stood up quickly still glaring at me as she slipped into the hall of the bus and back to her seat.

"Who's Sasha talking to?" Garroth asked.

When I looked back at him his eyes were still closed but I asumed he had opened them in order to see Sasha leave.

"Nobody." I said again.

"Is that why you just told her to leave him on read?" Garroth asked.

"None of your buisness." I said, I reached out and tapped him on the cheek with my palm.

"And you think I'm mean to you. Psh." Garroth reached out and grabbed onto my waist.

--------------------

"Now that it's official, we all need to go shopping." Cadenza said.

She was walking behind Katelyn, Nicole, Lucinda, and I and seemed to be the only one who wasnt bothered by the many hanging decorations. After coming back from the trip to the lodge the school had been fully decorated. Streamers hung down in nearly every doorway, which was more of a hassle to walk through than you would expect. There were balloons above doorframes and hanging decorations in every hallway. Most importantly the halls were littered with posters with PROM written in bright bold letters.

"Only if you promise it's going to take you less than four hours to pick out your dress." Katelyn said although I was certain she was joking.

"I can't make that promise and you know it." Cadenza sighed, and although I couldnt see her I could imagine she had her hands on her hips.

"Oh we know." Nicole said.

"What day are we thinking? Tomorrow?" Cadenza asked excitedly.

"Tomorrow's a tuesday?" Katelyn questioned.

We walked past another set of hanging streamers before Nicole and I each pushed a door open and we all exited the school. We walked out into the courtyard and towards the water fountain where our whole group would soon be.

"Yeah so? Better to have it sooner for adjustments. And I barely get any homework anyways." Cadenza said.

"I'll go with you this weekend." Lucinda said.

"Where this weekend?" Laurance asked.

We all turned to look at him. He was sitting on the side of the water fountain looking up at us as we approached. The rest of the guys sat around him.

"Shopping." Cadenza said, this time she did not sound nearly as excited as she had before.

"For what?" Travis asked.

"That was a stupid question." Garroth said almost instantly with no hesitation.

"Prom." Katelyn said, she hadn't sounded excited either. Katelyn moved to sit down by Travis.

"Gross." Laurance pouted.

"Proms fun, you're just lame." Cadenza said glaring at her brother.

"I like what comes after prom." Laurance smirked.

"Going home alone?" Garroth asked looking over at Laurance.

"That's just you Garroth." Laurance said looking back at him.

Garroth shrugged knowing full well he had walked into that comeback.

"Let's get out of here, I'm hungry." Nicole had already started walking away but no one moved for a minute while we watched her walk away. Laurance stood up in just a moment and everyone else followed.