Chapter Eight; Make It Okay

Začať od začiatku

Y/n.. my eyes started to flutter closed, the cave slowly starting to ease itself away from me with each second. Y/n.. wake up!

I shot up, holding my chest as she laughed wholeheartedly with a wide smile. "Kris you're gonna kill me one day." I mumbled, rolling my eyes when she waved her hand and continued jumping on my bed. "How'd you get in?"

"Your sister." She said, never haunting her actions. "But I was thinking. We should run away for the day." My eyebrows furrowed when she dropped down to her knees and leaned forward, hands on either side of my head. "Do you wanna run away with me, Y/n?"

"Um.. do you know who my mother is or..?" She rolled her eyes before rolling off of the bed and starting to throw clothes at me. "We have class today."

"I know and I'm pretty much a 'straight A' student when it comes to our studies." I hummed sarcastically but raised up and started to pull on the black cargo pants, opting for a short sleeved shirt since I know it was a particularly hot day today. "And so are you," I smiled when she turned around and grabbed the bottom of my shirt about halfway of me pulling it down to do it herself. "You're gonna be in charge of this village one day and you're gonna be the best leader we've had."

"Mm that's only if being an alpha is my calling." She rolled her eyes and started to pull away but I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her back. "But if it is.. you'll be by my side, right?"

Her pink lips slowly pulled into a smile before she nodded. "Well of course." She started to lean forward, her lips nearly brushing mine.

"Class time!" I jolted in shock when my door was swung open and Y/sn stood on the other side with crossed arms and a smirk. "Oh what is this? Starting on the puppy litter already?"

"Shut up." I groaned, following Kristine out of the room. "Tell mom and you'll wake up in the middle of a lake." She waved her hand and we eventually stumbled into the kitchen where my mom stood, sipping a cup of coffee. "Morning mother."

She looked up with a smile, eyes drifting to Kristine and I. "Good morning. Ready for a day of learning?" Our eyes drifted to one another's in silence, chuckling when we had the same thought. "Hey, it's going to be a good day! We'll be out in the woods to distinguish good berries from poisonous berries, learning survival skills."

"Oh I remember that lesson," My mom nodded at Y/sn with a smile. "The most boring lesson of all, I swear." That smile quickly dropped and we all laughed at the heartbroken look on her face. "You guys enjoy that. I'm going to town to pick up supplies." She pressed a kiss to my moms head, then jogged by, her hand smacking my stomach.

"Asshole." I mumbled, holding my stomach. "See you out there, mom." I said when Kristine gave me a look, her head nodding to the side.

"Okay, here's the plan." She whispered, holding my hand as we walked down the path. "I asked my brother about the lesson for today and apparently we'll be following the trail toward the west woods. That's perfect for sneaking behind the rock until they all past. Then, we run for the East end." I laughed under my breath, making her look over at me with raised eyebrows. "What?"

"Nothing it's just.. when we first met, you were the nerdiest Xouthean I've ever met and now you're all 'let's sneak out of the village' and it's funny." She waved her hand as we came close for the open area where the kids met for class.

"Well that's when I was twelve. I'm a big girl now." Big girl. She turns eighteen and suddenly thinks she's a big girl. "I heard that." She whispered, nudging my shoulder as my mom walked forward with her usual authoritative but welcoming aura.