Chapter One; Rough Waters, Literally

"Any news?"

"Any news?"

I ignored Hayward and continued slicing my pocket knife into the apple to make small slices. It's not that I mind eating apples whole but they seem to last longer in slices. At least that's what my brain told me.

"Y/n?" I raised one finger and finely cut the last slice before I looked up at the man in charge. Well, he believes he's in charge.. I can let him think that for a little while. He most definitely had a fragile ego. "Have you found Wanda?"

At the mention of the witch, I rolled my eyes and stabbed the pointed edge of my knife into the apple. "Yes." I said simply before taking a rough bite of it. Him, along with the other workers in the lab all became erratic. Asking me where, when, and how. "Why do you wanna find her anyways?" I asked Hayward, my eyebrows raising when he looked away, his throat clearing. "She break your heart?"

"No." He said quickly and crossed his arms, bulging his chest out to seem bigger than he was. This guy had a terrible power trip problem and it'd be the death of him if he didn't learnt to control it. And no, not by my hands. "Have you heard of WestView? Everything that's transpired in the past two weeks?"

I shrugged in response, already picking up another apple slice with my knife. "I've been in hiding for the last six months," I raised my eyes to look at him sarcastically. "Meaning I'm unaware of what WestView even is."

Without responding, he walked forward to a projector screen and tapped the wall which instantly made this high tech type shit pop up. Faces of people I didn't know littered the screen, as well as an abandoned looking town.

"Wanda Maximoff used her abilities to mind control an entire town and resurrect Vision, the most indestructible synthezoid to walk the face of the earth." I hummed lowly, not surprised that one of these avengers finally slipped up. They can't all be good.. I knew that first hand. "She hasn't faced any repercussions for her wrongdoings, and now, she's in hiding and we need her to face the consequences of her actions."

My eyes continued to flip over the board of people who were apparently controlled by the Scarlet Witch. "It was against their will?" I mumbled and when Hayward nodded, I huffed and pulled my backpack off. "She's along the alps between Sokovia and.. another mountain region. I've gotta go in alone."

"Not happening." Hayward immediately said, stepping forward to try and intimate me. "This is a mission of seek and destroy, not infiltration." I waved my hand and started to pack my backpack with the fruits and other snacks they had in the bowl on the table, figuring it was more of a 'take whatever you want' type of thing.

Midway through my packing of the twelve pack of goldfish, he just had to go and grab my arm. "You listen to me, I am in charge-"

With a flip of my wrist, I sent him flying back and against the wall, my hand up as I used the energy from my hand to wrap around his neck. Guns raised, the red dots now trained on me but I was focused on the head man 'in charge.'