The older Ferrari driver didn't look up, just fiddled a little bit with his joined hands. "There is no other way, is there."

He trailed off, not in the mood to actually speak the words they all were thinking. Nico took over for him. Watching Lewis while he spoke.

"If he doesn't stop soon, the rookies will think they can do as they please." Joanna was silent while Nico spoke, playing with her fingers until she stood up.

"They already think that. The last press conference was a disaster. They're calling each other out nonstop. We are no longer a united front and where it's still holding together it's beginning to crack." The Austrian told them, worry clearly written all over her face. Joanna knew that the media would try to use the situation to create drama which could be really dangerous when it escalates.

"So, we're calling for a meeting?" Sebastian concluded, which caused Joanna to nod. 

"Alex is here as well. We should do it now." Joanna told the other three drivers, which caused Lewis to nod, before he asked if she meant right now or tomorrow morning before the race, causing Joanna to tell him that she's not calling a meeting at eleven o clock, despite how much Daniel frustrated her right now. 

Sebastian was the first one to leave after their little meeting in Lewis's room. He had promised he would call home first thing in the morning to see his girls, so he needed a good night's sleep and he needed to let Alex know about the meeting, but Joanna stayed a little bit longer. 

She was standing by the window, watching the track by night, as Lewis had decided he needed a shower. Nico had watched her for a moment, trying to figure out what Joanna was thinking about, but in the end, he gave up. He was good at reading people but Joanna's walls were high. 

Turning away from the window, Joanna knew what she needed to do. There was no way this meeting tomorrow would happen without a scandal, only maybe if she would go to see him. A hand on her arm stopped her before she could leave the room. Looking up the Austrian was met with Nico's blue eyes looking back at her. 

"I can't let you make this mistake again. The mistresses must stick together after all." Nico muttered fully to Joanna's surprise. The young Austrian was never sure if the rumors have been the truth, but apparently, Nico did have an affair with Michael, but the Austrian would never judge him. She knew how hard it could be to be the young and promising gold child of the team. She was Renault's golden child and Nico was Mercedes, the only thing she didn't know was that Nico was stupid enough to fall in bed with his teammate. 

Not knowing what it was that had happened between Nico and Michael, Joanna still believed with all her heart that what she and Mark had back then was very different from what Nico and Michael possibly could have had. 

"I'm not going to see him," Joanna said, not sure why she felt the need to justify herself in front of the Mercedes driver, she did it anyway, which caused Nico to nod at her, but Joanna saw it in his eyes. He didn't believe one word she muttered. Well, he was clever after all. But surprisingly, Joanna often said the truth. But people just didn't want to believe her.

"Then let me walk you to the elevator at least." The German said, after opening the door. Looking at him expectantly, Nico realized that clothes would be kind of mandatory for the short walk nevertheless. Fastly moving to get into his jeans and throwing a shirt on. Ironically, it was Lewis's. 

Stepping out after Nico, Joanna let him lead her to the elevator, but no further. She pushed the button to the Ferrari floor, knowing damn well that Nico was watching her. The Austrian wised him a nice night with Lewis, which caused him to blush and waited until the door was closed. Rolling her eyes at Nico's try to control her she pushed the button which would bring her to the Red Bull floor. Tomorrow the meeting had to go according to plan and there was only one way to make sure of that.