Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day...

A wonderful day for couples and friends alike to share their love for each other. Whether it was taking their friendship to the next level or simply keeping them in the friendzone, there were mixed emotions of happiness and sadness in the air as everyone celebrated this wonderful holiday.

"...I hate Valentine's Day..."

Except for one person who watches from the window like a suspicious stalker while taking a bite from his chocolate bar he bought from the store. He watches as everyone outside his window exchanged sweets, cards, and affection, his face turning red as he takes another aggressive bite from his bar.

"It's just that one day of the year that I don't like. Everyone handing out chocolates, kissing and hugging, going to a love motel even though they're not even old enough..." he gazes back at his bag, nothing but lyrics, schoolwork, and a bag he had wrapped up.

Y/n looks back out and sees a couple exchange their gifts with each other, there might be a reason why he didn't like today. "...Probably because I never get any..." he says, walking to the couch and sat at the end.

"Maybe that's why I'm so grumpy during Valentine's Day..." he takes out his guitar from one of his bags and was about to start strumming when the thought of a close girl pops into his mind.

He looks back down at the bag where a certain small care package was resting. His head shakes away from the sight and looks back down at his guitar. "She probably has one already... Wouldn't matter anyway... more time for me, I guess..." he says as he starts to fix his guitar up for a certain chord he was looking for.

His fingers plucks the strings and takes out a few sheet of lyrics after successfully finding the right notes for a certain song.

Gazing at one of the sheets was a rap song that he wanted to have fun with. It supposedly was a piece he wasn't intending on releasing to the public but rather to gain some motivation to hop on the rap game after he finds the verses for his nearly completed song.

"Gotta finish this song soon..."

He then picks up another sheet, nearly the opposite from the first page as it was more of a pop song that had all the verses completed for him. Only thing left to finish was a chorus and the main instrumental.

"This one too..."

He places the two lyrics down on the couch and starts playing on his gui-

"Wait..."

He snatches the lyrics from the couch and simultaneously glanced at each notes and lyrics. A bright idea pops into his head. "What if... I combine these songs together... Would that work?"

It could work. It definitely can work, but the only thing for Y/n, will it sound good?

"Only one way to find out..." he says as he grabs a new piece of musical papers and starts drawing out the chords and lyrics he wanted to try.

*                  *                  *

Pluck! Pluck, pluck, pluck, pluck...

Y/n tests out his guitar one last time as the sun slowly starts to become visible outside his window, the middle of the clear painting.

While it did take the boy at least half an hour to finish, he was super confident on the piece.

At first Y/n was having second thoughts, it might sound like the worse garbage it could ever be. But...

You know what? YOLO!