Ch. 51 - Page 1

Começar do início

He settled on a chicken thigh and a bit of mashed potatoes. That wasn't enough for his dad apparently.

"You really need to eat more, kid, get some meat on those bones." His father said suddenly.

"I'm not that hungry," Hunter said truthfully. He knew he hadn't been eating as much as he should, he had felt hungry before, but most of the time he just didn't feel like getting out of bed to eat. This was one of the rare occasions where the food was there so there was no reason not to eat.

"You can't not be hungry. You barely eat, there's gotta be some rumbling going on in there." Jaxon waved his fork in Hunter's direction making circle motions with it.

Hunter just shrugged his shoulders and went to clean his plate off.

The plate suddenly felt heavy as he carried it to the sink like it suddenly weighed thousands of pounds. It dropped into the sink with a bang as he could no longer hold onto it.

The weighing feeling didn't leave his arms and lingered. Now instead of the plate weighing him down, it was his whole arm. It felt like his arm was about to rip off right at the elbow.

Until it didn't. And the pain just left. Hunter rubbed his right arm and turned back towards the table and saw his dad immediately look back down at his plate of food. He had been watching him.

Hunter quickly walked past him, whispering a quick good night. His father returned the same to him, wishing him sweet dreams.

The door to his room turned open quietly and he quickly walked in, ramming his foot into his book bag on the floor.

Hunter hissed at the pain that shot up his foot and sat at the foot of his bed. He slipped off his jeans and didn't put on any pajama pants considering Zekaj's sweatshirt hid most of that area due to its size.

With one strong heave, Hunter pulled the book bag up to his bed. He crawled to the back and quickly emptied it out of the water and tea he had brought. The thermoses were left sitting on the nightstand, Hunter decided to empty them out tomorrow.

About to set it on the ground, Hunter remembered one last thing in it. His eyes drooped low as sleepiness tried its best to knock him out. Hunter questioned why he hadn't taken any cold medicine when he was having so much trouble sleeping since Zekaj was taken from him.

In the front pocket of his bookbag was the polaroid of Zekaj. It was the same as when he had put it in.

Zekaj held it up high enough that Hunter's face could barely be seen sunken into Zekaj's strong back muscle.

This one photo reminded him about everything he loved about Zekaj.

How he acted cruelly to everyone but him. How he wasn't actually a terrifying monster but an adorable romantic who showed his love in an obnoxiously horny way.

The way his hair never seemed to lay flat even with a bucket of water on it. Parts of it always seemed to be spiking backward.

The veins that rippled across parts of his arms as if he had just gotten done working out. The golden lines and runes fit perfectly against his ever-tanned skin.

The neatly trimmed beard added to his adorableness that could quickly seem sinister with just one quick slant of his eyebrows.

He missed laying on his favorite pillow that was Zekaj's pecs. How the prickles of his chest hair felt against his cheek, reminded him of the feeling of kissing Zekaj with the beard he had going on.

Hunter remembered how long it took to convince Zekaj to grow out the rest of his beard from its usual thick-chinstrap-thing he had when he first summoned Zekaj. It angled his face in a way that made him seem evil, which was the intent.

Slipping the photo back into its bedside table. Hunter watched as it silently fell on top of the silver-bound book. The one that was locked, Hunter thought.

The one that needed a key.  Hunter said in his head. 

The book was a dark purple color and the spine was this metallic silver that was cold to the touch. Zekaj and him had found the book at the Institute a while ago and it sat in the table for so long.

The cover and the back of the book were collapsed together by the same metallic silver that the spine was made of. Zekaj had spent a couple of hours trying to pry it open but quickly gave up muttering how magic was stupid.

Hunter crawled to the edge of the bed and wiped his runny nose. He pulled his pants up and found the silver key in his back pocket, right where he left it.

There is no way.  Hunter thought yawning to himself. His eyelids weighed down on him as he laid against his pillows.

Hunter held the book up and slowly pushed the key into the lock.

This is stupid.

Hunter turned the key.

And the key dissolved into his hand.

The lock falling right off the book and onto his chest.

Hunter's heart threatened to jump right out of his chest as he opened the book to the first page.

This spellbook belongs to:

Merlin

A/N:

Wow, what a coincidence.

Right?

Chapter 52 will be up later tonight on Patreon.com/Mek_14

-MEK<3