Chapter 39

Aurelia POV

The boom of thunder, and thrumming of rain forced my eyes open. The vast blue and overcast sky peeked at me through the windows, as lightning clapped the graceful air. The room seemed larger and colder for some reason; adding the fact that the comforter had fallen off, leaving me out in the bitter cold. I looked at the alarm clock, just to make sure it was morning already, and it was; 8:24 am to be exact. Apart from the chilly feeling, the weather was comforting and calming, the thunder had never bothered me, even as a child.

Today was the day that Amber would return, and I was very impatient and anxious. I haven't been in contact with them, being that there was a no phone policy and I wasn't apart of the pack to mindlink anyone. It was still early, so I wasn't going to get up, and the sounds of rain wasn't opposing. I suddenly felt hungry, and agreed to go downstairs for something to eat.

I decided to stayed at Campbell's house after what happened yesterday with Victoria. I explained to Mikayla that I was most comfortable staying here, I denied her offer to stay with me when she asked.

I jumped out of bed, and went to the closet in search of something warmer. The first thing I spotted was Blade curled up in a corner then one of Campbell's grey hoodies, I was hesitant about wearing it at first, then I thought that it wouldn't be a problem with him. I matched that with a pair of my grey joggers and went to the kitchen.

I ate breakfast then went to the livingroom to watch a movie. Thirty minutes in, I heard a knock on the door and got up to see who it was. Standing outside in the rain were Amber and Johnathan in rain-coats; I met John the first time I went training.

"Amber, Johnathan," I greeted. "I didn't expect you back so early."

"Luna," he nodded. "Campbell will explain everything went he gets back, he's speaking with Victoria."

Amber ran inside with her belongings and straight to her room. I didn't think anything about it, and turned back to Johnathan.

"Okay, do come in." I suggested but he denied saying that he had to get back to his mate and kids. I thanked him then went upstairs to Amber's room. I sat beside blade, who was on the bed, waiting for her to come out of the closet.

"Amber?" I called out. She didn't answer but walked out with her head down and a towel wrapped around it.

"What's wrong?" I asked knowing that something was bothering her.

Without making eye contact, she removed the towel giving light to a slightly blackened hair. "Did you try dying your hair sweetheart?" I asked wondering if that's what was the problem.

She nodded, "I'm sorry."

I called her over and placed her in my lap. "It's no problem sweetie. Did you not like the color of your hair?"

"It was a mistake, I won't do it again." She scarily whispered. All that time she didn't even look at my face, she was on hedge.

"Amberlynn," I used her full name so she knew I was serious."Tell me what's going on now."

Was it that she didn't want to return this early? Did she not enjoy herself? Or did she thought I would overreact because her hair was dyed?

"I-I." She signed and looked up at me. "I ran away from w-where Clyde told us to stay and I-I was almostattacked by rogues." She finished.

With each word, my worry grew wider. "OMG Amber, did they do anything to you?" I check her for any form of injury and, thankful, found nothing.

"Campbell and the others saved me." She added. I never felt so relieved but the look on her face told me there was more to it.