Chapter 33

"Every man has his secret sorrows
which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold
when he is only sad."
-Henry Wadsworth

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"Mommy, I'm sorry." Amber apologized.

I kissed her forehead then smiled. "There's nothing for you to be sorry about." I tucked her in bed with Blade curled up by her side. "Good night Amberlynn, I'll see you in the morning." I said standing from the bed.

"I love you mom." She yawned.

I turned the lights off. "I love you more." I closed the door and went to Campbell's room, the one I was recently sleeping in.

I dropped in one of the beanbags and the tears I've been holding in since I saw Victoria showered in anger. When I came to the house, I tried opening portals and casting spells, however, nothing happened. The energy I once felt hidden inside me was now absent. All my magic was gone, how didn't I noticed when I woke up?

Victoria tried, over and over, to strip me of all magical properties and now
she succeeded because I wasn't strong enough to recover from some stupid poison. Miles and Mikayla knew how she was, I told them everything she did and Lavinia should have picked up on the situation of our 'relationship'. They should have stopped her, I rather be dead than living without my only purpose. My magic, along with Amber, was all I had. Now that's gone, I'm lost.

"Aurelia?" I heard Campbell at the door. "I want to talk."

I wiped the stupid tears. "We have nothing to talk about, Victoria said all there was." He didn't know about my past and I doubt he would care even if he did, he only gave me the antidote because I was his so called mate. If anything, he did it for himself; clearly I didn't benefit from this.

He opened the door and walked it, "I want to show you something."

I sunk deeper into the beanbag. "I don't care."

I heard him sigh then he came over and picked me up bridal style, "Put me down!!" I wiggled to get away but his gripped only tightened. He walked out the door and downstairs. "This is kidnapping." I hoofed.

"At least you have a smoking hot kidnapper." He shrugged walking out the house.

I rolled my eyes and ignored his cockiness.
"Where are you taking me and why are you leaving Amber alone in the house?" I asked while trying  to get away. I didn't want to leave her all alone nor did I want to deal with Campbell at the moment. I had my own hell called life to deal with.

"The house is guarded." He blankly told me.

I looked around and saw no one. "Campbell, I said put me down."

"And i said, i have something to show you."

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

I stared out the window as the trees passed by in a flash, we were in Campbell's car whilst he drove to who knows where. He hadn't spoken to me since he forced me to get in. Why didn't I just go back to the house? Well I did that, he blocked the path. I should have kicked him, even though I'd probably break my leg.

When the silence became uncomfortable, I  glared at him. I knew he was staring at me while I stared out the window. He could, at least, give me an explanation for being out here.

I was getting frustrated. "Where are we going?"

He glanced at me then at the road. "Supermarket." He answered "We need food."