Chapter 6

Third Person's Point of View

"Is she your lover?" Adalyn asks him gently.

"She used to be." His demeanor the suddenly changes, "But she decided to break up with me and become a bitch!"

His body started to shake, clenching his fists and jaw. "Kaya kong ibigay sa kanya ang lahat! Pero ano ginawa niya?! Ginago niya lang ako!"

Adalyn didn't know how to comfort someone so she just put her hand on his shoulder, running her thumb in a circular motion. Akala niya ay kumalma na ito, ngunit bigla siyang umayos ng upo at ngumiti sa kanya na parang kanina lang ay hindi siya nagwawala.

He suddenly let out a dry laugh.

He laughed so hard like he just heard the funniest thing ever.

It made Adalyn scared, chills running down her spine.

"Baliw ba ito? Kailangan kong umalis dito."

After laughing, he just sat there, staring into space.

"But... I can forgive her." He laughs again. "Yeah, I'll forgive her."

Ang kanyang mga mata ay biglang napuno ng luha ngunit hindi niya hinayaan itong bumagsak. He turned his head to look at Adalyn, "I love you so much, Callista."

"So... Who is this person, kuya?" Luca asks his cousin while sitting at the backseat of the car.

Rafael shrugs, "I don't really know. All I know is that my goddess wants me to save her and that she's important to her."

Luca then becomes quiet.

Too quiet.

Rafael looks at his rear mirror to look at what his cousin is doing, "Bakit bigla kang nanahimik?"

"kuya..."

"Hmm?"

"Do you really love her?"

"Oo naman." He quickly answers.

Luca becomes quiet again.

Rafael furrows his eyebrows, "Why'd you ask?"

"Are you sure?" Luca asks meekly.

Frustration started to build up on him, "Why the fuck are you asking me this? Mahal ko siya! Mahal na mahal!"

He lets out a dry chuckle, "Hell... I am willing to die for her."

Luca's heart was pounding. He didn't know that he's cousin's love for their leader was like this. He thought it was simply just a little infatuation but no. This isn't love and he was livid. He wanted to tell his cousin to stop this nonsense, he wanted to slap the shit out of him but he was too much of a coward to speak up.

"Can we please talk about something else?" He hears his cousin's voice stopping his fuzzy mind.

Much to his dismay, he replies, "Sige..."

Adalyn blinks.

"Who the hell is Callista?" She wonders.

Dahil hindi siya makapagsalita, winagayway lang niya ang kamay sa harap ng mukha nito upang maagaw ang atensyon niya. "Are you okay?" She slowly signs to him.

At last, he finally turns his eyes away from her making Adalyn feel free.

There was something in his eyes that Adalyn couldn't quite grasp.

Was it sadness? Infuriation? Trauma?

She didn't know.

All she knows is that she needed to get the fuck out of here.

She signs to him again, "Are you okay?"

He lets out a low sigh, "Yeah." He massages his temple, "forgive me... I think I was out of line back there."

He puts out his grin again, "Nasaan tayo ulit?"

"My mom?"

"Ah. Yes, your mom." He clears his throat, "Your mom was important to her."

"By her, do you mean the leader of the Cupid's pantheon?"

"Yes, her. Your mom was like a mother to her that's why she's important." He grins, "Gusto mo bang malaman kung bakit siya namatay?"

A knotty sensation started to form on Adalyn's throat and stomach, "I know the reason why she died."

He smirks, "Really? Adalyn? Alam mo?"

Adalyn nods firmly.

Amusement was clearly seen on his eyes, "Sige nga, sabihin mo sa akin."

Her hands form into fists, "Her death was cause by an accident. A drunk driver hit her car."

"Mommy died due to an accident... what the hell is he trying to say?!" Adalyn was fuming. She knows he finds this funny. He was disrespecting her mother.

He lets out a giggle, "Oh, Adalyn. You have much more to learn, darling."

She just stared at him, waiting for him to continue his nonsense.

"She died because" His words were stopped when a man suddenly barges in their room.

"My lord! There's someone important here to see you!" He frantically says.

Anteros sighs, "Oh well, next time nalang ulit, Adalyn?"

"Wait! Hindi mo pa sinasabi sakin-" Her frantic signs were stopped when he put up his hand in front of her face. Sumenyas siya sa kanya na tumigil na ito, "Adalyn, I said na next time nalang, diba?"

Adalyn holds her breath, she nods

Anteros smiles, "Good girl."

"So... this is it?" Luca asks Rafael while looking around the place.

Rafael, clicking his tongue to make a popping sound, answers. "Yup."

Written by TheBlueWerewolfOfTheNight