Chapter 2

Third Person's Point of View

Adalyn woke up to do her father's consistent knocking on her door.

"Adalyn! Wake up you, pig!"

Adalyn frantically stands up and opens her door, "Yes, daddy?"

Her father eyes her up and down before speaking, "Prepare yourself. In 2 days, you will be meeting someone special. Do.not.embarass.me."

Adalyn looks down on her feet, "May I know who I will be meeting?"

Her father sighs in frustration. "You don't need to fucking know! Basta makinig ka nalang sakin!" She nods. Fear of being hurt again by her father.

She lets out a breath that she didn't know she was holding. "Sino kaya yung someone special?" she shakes the thought and quickly prepares herself for a new day.

Adalyn was quietly and peacefully making their lunch when her step-mother came into the kitchen.

Her heart stopped when her step-mother came closer to her.

"Adalyn." Her cold voice calls out to her.

Adalyn stops what she's doing and looks down. "Yes, step-mother?"

Her heartbeat becomes quicker when her step-mother comes closer to her. She flinches when her long slim fingers suddenly took a strand of her hair and twirls it around her fingers. "Kamusta ka, iha?"

She shakingly signs to her, "Okay naman po."

Her step-mother hums in response. "I'm sure that your father already told you to prepare yourself, right?" Adalyn nods. "Good. You better be a good girl for us, Adalyn." Her name slips out of her tongue like a venom.

She steps away from Adalyn making the room feel less tense. "Continue what you were doing, iha."

Adalyn lets out a shaky breath when her step-mother finally goes out of the kitchen. "again... why do I need to be prepared?"

Rafael was happily having tea with his Goddess in their secret garden when she suddenly calls him. "Raffy." Her gentle voice calls him. "Yes, My Goddess?" They were both sitting at a table, facing each other.

The Goddess slowly crept her creamy soft hand to his and intwines it with his rough one. "I am troubled, raf."

Confusion writes on the man's face. "What is troubling you, my goddess? Tell me and I'll eliminate it immediately."

She sighs. "I feel hot."

Rafael raises his eyebrows and stands up from his sit. "Alright, I'll go get a cold drink for you." He was about to leave when she stops him with her hands gripping lightly on his.

"That's not what I meant, my cupid." The goddess looks straight into Rafael's eyes.

Rafael gulps lightly, his eyes darkening with desire. Pumunta siya sa harapan niya at lumuhod. He takes the goddess' hand and kisses the back of it, slowly trailing his lips onto her soft, white arm till his lip meets with her neck. His warm breath making her shiver.