18

"Andy! Andy!" I shot up awake, looking around to see why I had been so urgently waken up. Bucky was just sitting next to me with a goofy grin staring at me.

"Why are you waking me up so gaddamn early?" I said as I got off the couch.

"I got a day planned." He said sinisterly. We had spent the last couple of days, almost never apart. We didn't need to be somewhere, usually just enjoying each others company when Steve was at work.

"What's the plan then?" I asked as I climbed on top of him.

"Well, I reached out to a friend of yours and asked for a few favors."

"Friend?"

"Howard."

"How did you get in touch with Stark?"

"Don't worry about it." He said as he pressed his lips against mine. "Get dressed, something nice and comfortable, were going out on the town." I did as he said, dressing casually before we took the lobby. Out front a fancy cadaillac was sitting, brand new with the top down.

"This, is for you!" Bucky said, putting his hands in his pocket and leaning against the door.

"Me?"

"Yeah, for you know today even though you say you don't like celebrating."

"What do you mean?" I thought about it and realized it was my birthday, but I never had told him or Steve what the day was cause I had been serious about never celebrating it.

"What makes you so sure it's today?"

"your enlistment paper." He said as he pulled me closer.

"Cheater." I said as I kissed him.

"Would you like to drive?" He asked.

"Who in their right mind would let you drive?" I said as I jumped into the drivers seat.

"Where are we heading?" I asked as I started driving.

"Lunch." We ended up at the sandwhich place right near the water, spending a couple hours there before we went exploring in the city.

"So how ddid you afford a Cadillac?"

"I can't, that's Starks gift, he was gonna give it to you later, but I stole the ku\eys."

"That sounds about right."

"My lady." Bucky said as he held open the door into the music shop. We praroozed the shop for a little while beforeBucky said we were heading for the beach, it was already dark outside, which made me a little confused as to why we would be going there now but maybe we were going to the pier or something.

Bucky drove us to the beach where a bonfire was burning with a small crowd around it. When we started walking up, I noticed Steve talking to Howard Stark in the middle of it.

"Steve!" I cheered as I ran towards him, catching him in a hug. "What is all this?"

"Everyone that knows about your birthday and apparently happens to be hanging on the beach with alcohol." He smiled.

"So you figured out my birthday and told everyone?"

"No, everyone found out in their own ways!" He said as he pulled his hand behind his neck. "It was Bucky's idea, he thought he could change your mind about the whole thing."

"He might be right just yet."I said as I looked among the small crowd. Peggy and Howard being seen first while the men. In the howling commandos were already drinking and breaking into song.